Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frt trunk release cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914werke
if youve ever noticed this cable & its plastic sheath run a torturious path to the latch. sad.gif
Its restrained by 3 or 4 metal tabs to the tub (what do you call those?)
1st Q: did those have the blk plastic covers on them?
2ndQ: As the cable passes behind the headlight bucket it routes down and back up thru a smal hole in the front trunk support steel (73-74). Did that hole have a rubber Gromet OE?
Porsche Rescue
Rich, you'll probably get a direct answer here, but if not ask Craig to look at his (my old) 33K mile phoenix red '74. It should have the answers re: rear trunk rod retainer and front cable questions.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 30 2006, 06:07 PM) *

if youve ever noticed this cable & its plastic sheath run a torturious path to the latch. sad.gif
Its restrained by 3 or 4 metal tabs to the tub (what do you call those?)
1st Q: did those have the blk plastic covers on them?
2ndQ: As the cable passes behind the headlight bucket it routes down and back up thru a smal hole in the front trunck support steel (73-74). Did that hole have a rubber Gromet OE?

Rich,

I'll answer for a '72. No plastic tab covers - seems these were mostly used to cover tabs that hold wiring harness in place (smart idea!). No grommet in support member (not so sure THAT was a good idea, though I don't see any rub marks after 34 years). I'd be surprised if they changed these themes for '73-74 models, but can't answer for them deifinitively.

Pat G
jim_hoyland
What is the correct length of the front trunk cable ? Also, the ferrules have been made in different lengths

Currently, I have a replacement cable that is short; to reach the latch the cable takes a shortcut across the corner of the trunk.

Here’s a couple of pics of ferrules, but want to get the overal length so my cable will not cut the right front corner.
Mikey914
My 72 that is pretty much stock has no grommet.
Also only the wire hold downs have the blach plastic covers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.