Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roll bar seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
i purschased and installed AA roll bar seal for the driver side. Now the window won't roll up because it hits the seal. After a complete removal of the entire window assembly in numerous attempts to adjust the window to fit, the window still hits the rubber seal. Next step is to file down the rubber seal to fit the window. However, the glass window keeps sliping off the window attachment bar. This is the metal bar with the rubber. What do they use to attach glass window to the metal bar so that it won't slip off? any suggestion to make my glass window fit?
thanks biggrin.gif
will
SLITS
Contact Cemnt, Gasgacinch, RTV, 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive, etc
SirAndy
how are your doorgaps?

you should not have to shave the seal. ever. even the AA ones. if you do, there's something else wrong with yor car or your door.
fix what's really wrong and don't settle for a bandaid ...

of course that's just my very personal opinion ...
smile.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
There is an adjustment for the window at the bottem of the door which bring's

it in and out. smoke.gif
will
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2006, 08:20 PM) *

how are your doorgaps?

you should not have to shave the seal. ever. even the AA ones. if you do, there's something else wrong with yor car or your door.
fix what's really wrong and don't settle for a bandaid ...

of course that's just my very personal opinion ...
smile.gif Andy

SirAndy,
i think my door gaps are fine. without the glass window, the door shuts nicely with no sticking. I will need to buy a rear guide channel weatherstripping to see if this will help. that is the only part that appears to be missing based on the haynes manual diagram (fig.10.47 on page 206).
thanks again.. biggrin.gif
SGB
Have you replaced the fuzzy strips on the inside of the door against the window? It is actually easy, and even cheap. Pelican has 'em I think. It will push the window outward farther than you expect it to, and also makes a nice rattle free window, Mine would bind on the top portion of the rubber, starting about 1/2 closed and got really recalcitrant near the tops. I suggest you try new inner fuzzy strips...
boxstr
Did you install the correct(right and left)seal on the correct side? Yes, it can be done.
CCLINSEALAMEAL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.