Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tips on lowering the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I think I am gonna lower the car about 1 inch. it's rather high so 1 inch shouldn't be bad. Is there anything I should know or look out for? The back looks just like any other coil over suspension. The front looks like you need to turn some screw near the back or the a arm to adjust height.

But yeah what do the pros say?
Mueller
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 30 2006, 08:54 PM) *

I think I am gonna lower the car about 1 inch. it's rather high so 1 inch shouldn't be bad. Is there anything I should know or look out for? The back looks just like any other coil over suspension. The front looks like you need to turn some screw near the back or the a arm to adjust height.

But yeah what do the pros say?

too low and you'll bottom out your shocks...general thought is to have the front end lowered so that the a-arms are // to the ground with the rear of the car .5" - 1." higher

other issues are bump steer in front, (look for spacers in between the steering rack and body, you might have the simple kit already installed)
turboman808
I guess I should mention the car is already corner weighted. But I figure if I measure carefully I can lower the whole car equaly and still have it in balance. It's got plenty of clearance though. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 instead?

IPB Image
fuch toy
You mess with it...it changes the corner weights.
turboman808
well technicaly weighing 75 lbs less then the provious owner has screwed up the corner weights biggrin.gif
echocanyons
Remember to align it afterwards or your tires will look like this is no time at all
Aaron Cox
dude... you touch it, you need to align it (and re corner weight)

rears... are either threaded collars (just unscrew) or c clip perches....

front, you just lower that screw.... you may have to re index it....

again, align and corner weight after...

no ifs, ands, or buts...

So.Cal.914
After you lower it you can move the strut plate towards the outside of the car

a little at a time and eye ball it from the front until it looks close. this way you can

drive it to a front end shop with out sustaining uneven wear.

smoke.gif
turboman808
Yeah think I will wait.
Matt Romanowski
Is that Dave's old car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.