Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a riddle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
q. what do you call a guy sitting on I-5 with smoke coming from his car as a result of the trans lube spewing on his new header system?

a. geoff or wannabee. your choise. that gear swap was the bee's knees headbang.gif

i'm off to dave hunts with the wife for a veggie burger and some baked chips. laugh.gif . in the 914.

kevin
ChrisReale
I thought those were smoke signals laugh.gif
Bleyseng
Then he soo pissed off he goes to work drywalling all day even though its 80 degrees outside.

Least no gangbanger would even dream of stealing this POS.!

Geoff

Thinking about parking the POS till I get back from Europe. Maybe I visit to Mittlemotor is in order. Is there a good beergarden there?
RustyWa
So what's the story?

I finally got another rebuilt dizzy..hopefully I'll get this in tomorrow and the car will run somewhat decent.
Bleyseng
Oh, I had to take the gear stack out twice so I must have trashed the shaft seal. Of course it hasn't leaked for four days while I drive all over the place making effin sure the car is running great. On the way to Bremerton I notice smoke following me, shit! I pull off the freeway and a puddle is forming under the tranny of blue liquid. Hmmm, that looks like Swepco.

I said "SeeYA" to Blair in the Mazda and drove the POS back home. Got out the engine cleaner and cleaned the car and pulled it in to the garage.

I went off to work, sickofworkingoncars.

Geoff
rhodyguy
"axis racing team mechanic". you were missed. maybe next year wink.gif laugh.gif .

kevin
RustyWa
That's the pits.

That Swepco is expensive stuff! Isn't it like $30 a gallon? Compared to the cheap FLAPS Valvoline stuff I got in mine now. Hmmm, maybe that's why it looks like when I drain the tranny I could be panning for gold.
Bleyseng
Besides working fulltime, I have been trying to squeeze in this tranny gear swapout. The tranny shifts sweet now, especially since there is little oil in it.. haha

Blair has been busy trying to fix a fried headlight switch all week also. Damn near caught the Mazda on fire.

Geoff
rhodyguy
europe huh? where to? business must be good.

kevin
Bleyseng
To the Netherlands and beyond!

Monique's sister had a baby so we are burning up the airline miles to go. Gonna go get drunk with Jeroen and BS about 914's. I have got to get better at my Dutch cuz thats all I am going to be hearing.
The plan is to also go to Paris, maybe to Germany if there is enough time..

Its not that expensive if you have free tickets and can stay somewhere, plus I haven't been spending money on the 914.
Wanna come along? I have room in the 914 Gear bag I am taking.

Geoff
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 27 2003, 10:05 PM)
Wanna come along? I have room in the 914 Gear bag I am taking.

Geoff

Kevin would nt fit. He has too many stickers that he would want to bring with him
Bleyseng
Well, atleast we scored the same today Kevin-DNF
Bleyseng
Hey Chris, how did you do?? kickass??

Geoff
rhodyguy
i think when chris gets an alignment and corner bal he'll be tough to beat when he goes the correct direction thru the hairpin. no dnf for me. a dnr. did not run. which is better than did not show (not you, you have an excuse. lame, but i'll spot you that one). the rest of the busy seattle and eastside guys, i give up. the track got realslick when things warmed up. the course was a natch for nimble mid engine cars. the heavy in the ass and water pumpers were all over the place. LOTS of spins.

kervin
Bleyseng
Oh well, its another $25 bucks I can spent on Amstel.

I love it when its hot and the track gets sticky for the 914's and the taildraggers fly all over the place.

Geoff
Jeroen
Hey Geoff,

Mittelmotor is just across the border
It's about 140 miles from Amsterdam
And you get a chance to drive on the autobahn biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
DNHunt
Damn Geoff too bad about the tranny. It sounds like you spent a lot of time and energy trying to get it ready. I was feeling kind of sorry for you but Kevin was absolutely giddy about the opportunity to give you the business. Still wish you could have made it. I was looking forward to seeing the new exhaust and getting some idea of how loud it was.

Great news about the trip though. I know sometimes I need to walk away from things for a while.

Dave
rhodyguy
ya-roon, maybe geoff can swap your gear sets for you while he's there. not.

kevin
Bleyseng
Kevin, you are just jealous of my sweet engine compartment cuz its better lookin than yours.

I got the thing to shift really nicely now, no problems. You just can't take the gear stack out four times without fucking up the seal.

Dave, I wanted to talk to you about your little adventure with the hall effect gizmo.

Geoff
rhodyguy
i figure we are dead even at this point. he who fixes the ac holes first gets smilie_pokal.gif did you wash the bottom of the engine lid? if not you're a half a step behind.

kevin finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.