Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superlight wheels on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEDW%3AIT

link

I bid on these, didn't make reserve. Second chance offer sent to me buy the seller for the highest bid....any takers?
Aaron Cox
if only they were 5 lug
Mueller
I'd buy them at that price......
Aaron Cox
put up or shut up tongue.gif

buy em smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 30 2006, 11:52 PM) *

buy em smile.gif

I can paypal right now.....well, actually I'm going to bed..oh wait, I hear a Taylor crying...damn.....
Joe Ricard
So what do you reckon the wheels really weigh?
15 pounds might be worth it.
anything less would be a good deal.
I might be in if they are still available.
Gint
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 31 2006, 01:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 30 2006, 11:52 PM) *

buy em smile.gif

I can paypal right now.....well, actually I'm going to bed..oh wait, I hear a Taylor crying...damn.....

I'll take 'em. What's the status? Mike? Mike? Oh, Mike?
fuch toy
I can email the guy and ask if multiple orders or drop shipping/group buy is available....
Joe Ricard
WOnder how comfy these will be if I am forced to sleep on them.
got my finger on the trigger of Paypal.
fuch toy
I emailed the guy...claims to be an importer. So, maybe we can arrange a club discount.....Stay tuned.
URY914
Sure look like Panasports to me.

Could be another Minilite knockoff or Panasport has changed thier name.
rhodyguy
i hope that shipping cost is not per wheel. the bin is about 6 bills. i would inquire about the backspacing and offset before i jumped in with both guns blazing.

k
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2006, 08:51 AM) *

i hope that shipping cost is not per wheel. the bin is about 6 bills. i would inquire about the backspacing and offset before i jumped in with both guns blazing.

k

Agreed, and I want a garantee on the weight. if not as advertised they pay shipping back and refund my purchase and shipping.
vesnyder
Keep us posted - looks very interesting!
jr91472
agree.gif whats the offset??????

I might be interested if I knew for sure that I could put 205's on them.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2006, 05:51 AM) *

k

rhodyguy
...and not have to roll the rear wheel wells (for 205s).

k
Demick
From the auction:
-------------------
15x7, 4x130mm, 25p, 4.93 in. backspace
--------------------

I don't know what 25p is. 25 pounds?? Ha HA
Joe Ricard
If it isn't less than 15 per wheel I am NOT even interested.
Gint
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 31 2006, 09:43 AM) *

If it isn't less than 15 per wheel I am NOT even interested.

Can someone measure (or tell us what the measurement is, for *certain*) the backspace of a 4 lug Fuch or Mahle or Pedrini wheel?
rhodyguy
used (sorry, they've been out of the box) cast wheels for the better part of 800 bucks doesn't do it for me. i know you wanted *certain* #s, but 4 5/8" backspacing comes to mind for a 4 lug fuch. 7" wheels, even with the posted backingspacing, makes the offset even a more pressing ? to me. where is the other 1"+? i guess it's on the outer side?

k
Aaron Cox
112-120mm backspace is what fuchs are.... you can only go so far in.

a 6" fuch has 115 mm backspacing, so does a 7"...

all the width can only go on the outside
rhodyguy
exactly. batter up!!

k
Aaron Cox
so where are the 5 lug ones chowtime.gif

7 and 8 would work nicely for me smile.gif
rhodyguy
if you can't afford to drive to pland, you can't afford new wheels.

k
Mueller
QUOTE(Demick @ May 31 2006, 07:27 AM) *

From the auction:
-------------------
--------------------

my 17x7's are 22 pounds each, eek...these "should" be lighter...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2006, 09:27 AM) *

if you can't afford to drive to pland, you can't afford new wheels.

k

dont go guilt trip on me mister!

i just bought a flat towing setup from dlee....

so i just may be able to make it!
rhodyguy
tow. wtf. buy the wheels. sorry for the hijack.

k

hwgunner
QUOTE(Demick @ May 31 2006, 07:27 AM) *

From the auction:
-------------------
--------------------

Looking at the website, 25p is Positive Offset.
Loser_Cruiser
so technically should these fit on a narrow body car. with maybe 195's. And am I reading this right : we're trying to get a group buy?
rhodyguy
maybe yes, maybe no. for a person that doesn't want to mess with the body AT ALL, this is pretty important. where in az is prescott? for a group buy, the firm should accomodate a stop by. i see the potencial for this group buy to go sideways, after the fact.

k
fuch toy
Just got an email reply...he has ONE set in stock and will toss in the lug bolts.....crud, he's on the line now....I'll confirm the backspacing and post in a minute.
fuch toy
4.92 inches, $40 shipping total....to me.

Working on a group buy thing right now...will include 5x130 wheels as well.
rhodyguy
ask what the offset is. in inches.

k
VaccaRabite
Aside from looks, do these have an advantage over the 4 lug fuchs?

Zach
fuch toy
Yeah...they would FIT....the guy will be posting soon and says he's looking for "testers"...be gentle, he sounds like a nice guy, don't scare him off....
Mueller
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ May 31 2006, 09:59 AM) *

so technically should these fit on a narrow body car. with maybe 195's. And am I reading this right : we're trying to get a group buy?

if they are indeed 25mm offset, they should fit the front perfectly, the rear might be close and more than likely would have to be rolled or pulled a little...a 15x7 Fuchs or Cookie Cutter has a 23mm offset and some people claim to not have issues while in my experance, I've had to pull the fender out a little and make sure the lip is rolled

a 205 should be fine, a 195 is too narrow for a 7" in my opinion
Mueller
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 31 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Aside from looks, do these have an advantage over the 4 lug fuchs?

Zach

5.5 wide for the Fuchs, 7" wide for these, that extra 1.5" makes a huge differance when mounting 205 sized tires....
Aaron Cox
he said he has 15x7 and 15x8 in porsche 5x130.....

ask him what a set would cost, and needthe backspacing...
Pack Racing
Let me introduce myself and answer address any concerns. My name is Barry Knickerbocker, I am the North American Importer for Performance Industries in Australia. Performance has been making wheels for 26 years, they are ISO9002 Certified. So Superlite wheels are not made in the east or by some inexperienced manufacturer, they are not Panasports nor are they priced like Panasports. I have been importing the wheels since 2003 and we are slowly gaining a market following. With regards to Porsche fitments, prior to 4 months ago the factory could not accomodate the 130mm PCD on Porsches. I worked with them to change the mold to accept the Porsche PCD, and we now stock a small amount of 15x6, 15x7 and 15x8 5x130 wheels. We are working with different Porsche owners to help us understand the fitment issues as we do not know Porsche all that well.

We have two wheel weights for each wheel size, a "street" wheel and a "race" wheel. We have produced some wheels with custom offsets per customer specs, but cannot identify which specific year of cars they fit.

I guess the bottom line is that we are trying to provide a better value than what is available now. Do we have all the answers...No. We are trying to gather as much info as we can, and if anyone wants to help, then we will do our best to take care of those people.

We would love to work with the club and welcome questions and/or comments.

Feel free to call or email; 928-771-1763 or Barryk@packracingproducys.com

Mueller
welcome.png

I am currently running 17x7 Revolution wheels with a 35mm offset which places the rim/tire combo perfectly under stock rear fenders with a 205 width tire, the 914 is odd in that it is easier to run wider rims or rims with more negative offset upfront than in the rear.

Can you supply a 15x7 with a 35mm offset?

Aaron Cox
i would be interested in 5x130 15x7 and 15x8 with same offset and backspacing as fuchs

that is 112 mm backspacing...

IPB Image
Gint
QUOTE(fuch toy @ May 30 2006, 11:40 PM) *

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEDW%3AIT

link

I bid on these, didn't make reserve. Second chance offer sent to me buy the seller for the highest bid....any takers?

Hey Mikey!

Per our phone conversation, yes please. I'll take them as described from the ebay auction.
Dominic L
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 31 2006, 03:05 AM) *

So what do you reckon the wheels really weigh?
15 pounds might be worth it.
anything less would be a good deal.
I might be in if they are still available.

18 lbs. I asked him Sunday bafore the auction ended.
Aaron Cox
a hair under 800 for 15x7 and 15x8 in fuchs offset, with caps and nuts...

anyone need a kidney???
URY914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 31 2006, 05:57 PM) *

anyone need a kidney???

I don't think yours qualify as donor quality.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 31 2006, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 31 2006, 05:57 PM) *

anyone need a kidney???

I don't think yours qualify as donor quality.

why do you say that? you dont know me. you shouldnt judge me.

laugh.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 31 2006, 11:47 AM) *

welcome.png
Can you supply a 15x7 with a 35mm offset?

agree.gif
Please let us know the wieghts of the different size wheels. Right now 11 lbs is the 4-lug benchmark, that is for the 15 x 5.5" Fuch (2.0 type). The 914 is sooo light, you guys might consider making the "race weight" normal and then shaving off another pound or two for the real "race" version. Most folks buying aftermarket wheels, even us CSOB 914 owners (read Cheap Sons O Beeches), are either looking for bling or performance. Lighter is better! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.