Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone familiar with these wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Found these one ebay and think they are kinda nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1
rhodyguy
$50 a wheel for shipping is over the top. esp for ground.

k
Dave_Darling
8s and 10s? I think that'd be pushing it. Some of that depends on exactly how your flares were installed, though.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 31 2006, 07:25 AM) *

8s and 10s? I think that'd be pushing it.

agree.gif 10s in the rear are going to be *very* tight, no matter what. 17" even more so ...

9" is usually a really good fit ...

or, get bigger flares ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
i dont think your flares are larger than GT flares....

so you may be limited to 8's or 9's
Leo Imperial
His flares are pretty big. Time to break out the tape measure
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 31 2006, 09:17 AM) *

His flares are pretty big. Time to break out the tape measure

no way that the panels were stretched big enough for a 10" unless another piece of metal was grafted in....
rhodyguy
better determine your ride height first. unsure.gif

k
turboman808
I just went out to take a look. Seems I got 7s and 8s right now. It looks like I could fit a 10 in there but just barely. Same with the front could fit a 8 but just barely. I'm sure I would have to pull on the fenders to some degree. sad.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 31 2006, 09:34 AM) *

I just went out to take a look. Seems I got 7s and 8s right now. It looks like I could fit a 10 in there but just barely. Same with the front could fit a 8 but just barely. I'm sure I would have to pull on the fenders to some degree. sad.gif

you have another 2" of flare left in the rear????
Leo Imperial
Last Saturday I was compairing the extra room in my fenders with his. He has about a fist of extra room. They look like Jim Kelly flares.
shadygrady
I have wheels like that on my flared 914. Fronts are 17X9 with 235/45ZR17 tires and rears are 17X10 with 255/40ZR17 tires.

Click to view attachment
John
245's are awfully narrow for a 10" rim.

I bet they are 9" rims.
shadygrady
The rear tires in the picture are 255's and wheels are 17X10. But these are street tires. My track tires are 245's because Hoosier doesn't make 255 or 265's. 275's are 1/2 too wide for my car. I may have to try a set of Kumho 265's. However, it does great on the track with 245's front and rear. And there are lots of barely used 245 Hoosiers for sale at a fraction of the new cost. Just my 2 cents worth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.