Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reassembly Begins !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Finally got all the welding completed after having to replace my inner rear control arm mount. It took at least 20 hours to remove and replace the mount along with the shelf. Was a real PIA, but was strongly encouraged by other borad members to "do it right" and don't skimp!

rocking nana.gif I want to thank Racer Chris along with the Beach Boys! (Walter and Jeremy Beach) for their assistance. Racer Chris provided a new rear shelf piece along with the reinforcement template that made for a professional job. And Walt and Jeremy for their welding and engineering - without them I'd be hundreds of dollars and months behind.

I also replaced the contral arm bushings, struts and battery tray while I was in there - things I wanted to do at some point - this just expedited the process. Now I need to get everything cleaned and reassembled - along with the motor - and take advantage of as much Summer as I can.

Here is the original crack ...
Click to view attachment
vesnyder
And the finished product ...

vesnyder
And the reinforcements ...
bondo
Awesome! Nice welds! Glad to see it's back together.
elocke
Awesome job! You went for it and got it done right. Now drive driving.gif
Eric_Shea
You welded it in backward! w00t.gif

(good job smilie_pokal.gif)
Heeltoe914
What welder did you use and? looks good.
watsonrx13
Congratulations... This is a very important job to do and you've done it right....

I also completed this project almost 2 years ago.....

Do it once and do it right the first time....

-- Rob

Click to view attachment
vesnyder
We used a MIG welder for everything. I am very happy with the way it turned out - now if I can just get it back together!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.