Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POC @ Streets of Willow 6/24-25
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
SandyI
Who's in for tons of track time and sunstroke? biggrin.gif

Hauling ass out of the bowl clockwise with your foot to the floor headed toward the drop-off into the chicane is a real spincter-tightener.

Hope to see all the So Cal dudes there.

beerchug.gif
drew365
My car is having surgery. With a little luck this will be my first event since Las Vegas, so I'm hoping to be there.
sww914
I'm trying to make it, But my new brake set up isn't cooperating.
The caliperbone isn't connecting to the strutbone without interfering with the rotorbone.
Trekkor
I would love to get back to the streets. My first track wub.gif
Do you have a link to future events on the calendar?

KT
drew365
I have a commitment from the surgeon that my car will be out of recovery by then, so I signed up for the event. I haven't been to the Streets in a long time.
Trek; POC will be at The Streets: Sept 9, 10th, the 9th is a driving school, and November 4, 5th. Otherwise check the Willow Springs website for other clubs. I tried to find a link on the POC site but there wasn't one, sorry. If you want to do a POC event let me know I'll help you get signed up. The driving school is a good experience, they use the skid pad which is cool.
Trekkor
Thanks!

KT
SandyI
Just go to:

Porscheownersclub.org.

Then go to the "Events" area.

Signing up for any event is really simple if you have a PC. If you're Mac like me, you'll have to fax in your entry. As of 2006, I think you have to join the club before you can run on the track but I could be wrong.

Unless you have an active POC Short Track License, or the equivalent from PCA and approval from POC, you'll have to run as a student. POC is really hard core about this which is why the club drivers are both fast and safe.

Marty Mehterian is the Chief Driving Instructor and a really good guy. After you sign up, contact Marty so he can place you with an instructor. There are usually five runs groups a day. If you're a student, you'll have your instructor in your car for every lap of the first four sessions. Which is the best way to really learn that track. Usually the instructor will let you run the last run group solo.

Streets is a great place for a 914 because of the car's quick turn-in. Sign up!
drew365
I'm out. My car is still in intensive care and won't be released in time for the Short Track this weekend. Guess I'll have to stay home with the A/C on and sipping brewskies. drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.