Folks,

My 911 dash needs some attention -- it's split between the instrument pod and the platform area of the rest of the dash. It's a 76 turbo. No A/C vent in the dash, and no radio speaker either. The main problem is a split along the seam between the main shelf and the instrument pod. There is a small bit of warpage around the defroster vents. Oh, it's leather.

Current options:
1. Buy a new one -- a quick check with the P dealer said "no". I can get one with holes for a speaker and A/C outlet in vinyl. Or I can get an older one, more like mine, also in vinyl. (I'm missing a detail here in my notes -- for some reaon, I'm sure it's not the same.)

2. Find a nice used one -- haven't started hunting yet (this came up on Friday -- oops -- should have been thinking about this a while ago. oh well.)

3. Get the current one recovered -- talked to an upholstery shop on Friday. They said it shouldn't be a problem, as long as the underlying structure isn't warped. Hm. There's the $24 question. As I mentioned, there's a little warpage around the defroster vents. I've never seen the underside of one of these things -- I'm guessing it's fiberboard or some such thing. Anyone straighted one? Hm. Anyone had one recovered? How did it turn out?

Any BTDT experience welcomed, as well as any pointers I should chase. TIA.

kim.