URY914
I had a guy send me these.

URY914
is that oil?
URY914
last
Joe Ricard
Not blue enough to be oil.
I'm thinking rich mixture coming out of the dragon's tail pipe. I've seen it shoot fire before at Rob's place.
URY914
Look at the second picture.

It would appear that a cone has just come out on my exhaust stinger confused24.gif happy11.gif idea.gif
URY914
Now picture this on it..... happy11.gif

Rough_Rider
Hope you don't have a rollover incident. Cause from the side shot looks like your head is barely below roll bar top.

I remember in open wheel racing theres a regulatuion stating where there isn't a ful cage that minimum 2" clearance required between helmeted driver & imaginary line to front roll structure.
Trekkor
Good pics. clap56.gif

KT
Joe Ricard
JP has the same problem with Roll bars and big Knoggins

I have sat in Paul's car and I could barely see over the dash. Paul's Kirkey seat sits very close to the floor, he is just a tall fella.
URY914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 1 2006, 04:12 AM) *

JP has the same problem with Roll bars and big Knoggins

I have sat in Paul's car and I could barely see over the dash. Paul's Kirkey seat sits very close to the floor, he is just a tall fella.

I had the seat mounted directly to the floor when I started and found it too low. I couldn't see and I need to be more "on top" of the steering wheel for leverage. So I put two sections of 1/2" square tubing under the seat.
mudfoot76
Sweet baby vishnu! I know you've cut a lot out of that car, but the view from the rear makes me wonder how it hasn't collapsed upon itself!

And please tell me more about that snorkel idea.gif
URY914
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Jun 2 2006, 11:44 AM) *

And please tell me more about that snorkel idea.gif

I have a few more shoots of it in my blog. have a look.
Mike T
Great pics Paul. I have precious few pics of my car on course. Every time I see one I spot something I need to change. Does that happen to you?

Are you gonna leave the back end open? I sort of like it. You get to see the "workings"

I'll cut mine out too... beerchug.gif

Mike T
Britain Smith
Awesome. If I ever make it out that way, I wanna drive it.

-Britain
J P Stein
OK Paul, since you didn't volunteer nuthin' and you've driven both (albeit mine for just a bit), how do our cars compare. Be truthful, I can take it biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
JP yours is yellow
Paul's is Red
Mine is yellow and faster than both of you. it's the dots.....
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 21 2006, 05:43 PM) *

JP yours is yellow
Paul's is Red
Mine is yellow and faster than both of you. it's the dots.....

It's the dots all right.
Your dot on the map is bout 2500 miles from my dot. Far enuff for you to
make such brash statements biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea, well uh.....
Not that far from Tampa. I can drive my car there but Paul can't drive his car here.
I AM planning on a road trip this fall to settle this once and for all. King of the south...... Yea that's it Race Paul whoop em and just take take the title to my house.
URY914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 21 2006, 11:59 AM) *

OK Paul, since you didn't volunteer nuthin' and you've driven both (albeit mine for just a bit), how do our cars compare. Be truthful, I can take it biggrin.gif

Well.... your car was pretty fast. It just seems SO damn heavy. av-943.gif

Couldn't really tell much from that course. Being first gear the whole way. One thing I did notice and I was thinking about this tonight when I was working on my car. Your throttle pedal/cable had no tension on it. You barely push it and it goes to the floor. Mine is kinda stiff. I'm going to ease mine up a little. Also crawling in the top is a bitch with that seat for a fat ass like me.

What does yours weigh and how much HP? (let the sandbagging begin happy11.gif ) Wondering how it compares to mine.

Once again, Thanks a million.

Paul
URY914
QUOTE(Mike T @ Jul 18 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Great pics Paul. I have precious few pics of my car on course. Every time I see one I spot something I need to change. Does that happen to you?

Are you gonna leave the back end open? I sort of like it. You get to see the "workings"

I'll cut mine out too... beerchug.gif

Mike T

Yep, the back is staying like it is. REAL easy to get to stuff.
URY914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 21 2006, 05:38 PM) *

Yea, well uh.....
Not that far from Tampa. I can drive my car there but Paul can't drive his car here.
I AM planning on a road trip this fall to settle this once and for all. King of the south...... Yea that's it Race Paul whoop em and just take take the title to my house.

Call that dipshit on Speed and we'll do a PINKS right here.
Heads up, NO NoS. happy11.gif
J P Stein
It's a fatty (by your standards biggrin.gif ) at bout 1850. HP is somethin' North of 200....never dynoed. That course sucked. I'm just happy that one of us didn't blow first gear out onto the ground.
URY914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 21 2006, 07:41 PM) *

It's a fatty (by your standards biggrin.gif ) at bout 1850. HP is somethin' North of 200....never dynoed. That course sucked. I'm just happy that one of us didn't blow first gear out onto the ground.

220/1850 = .1189 HP per pound

180/1350 =.1333 HP per pound

I got ya by .0144

Damn close confused24.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 21 2006, 07:41 PM) *

I got ya by .0144

Since you're using Raby HP, I'll take the 220. laugh.gif
URY914
You engine weighs more than my bare tub. happy11.gif
Joe Ricard
So Heads up or PAX.
Since both you bubbas are in "Something MOD" my under prepared XP car might have a fighting chance at 16 pounds per HP.

And I think my driving will make up for the lack of "bling"
URY914
I gotta plan. We all agree on a course layout that we will all use. We borrow the cones from our club's and set up the same course at our own sites. We each get five runs. driving.gif We post our times. here. OK? confused24.gif

No cheating. happy11.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 22 2006, 07:18 AM) *

No cheating. happy11.gif

av-943.gif
I got off the turnip truck....but not the last one.
URY914
I bet Joe will cheat. laugh.gif

Joe Ricard
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 22 2006, 01:14 PM) *

I bet Joe will cheat. laugh.gif

Fuckin Eh I'l cheat because I know you both will too. IT"S CALLED RACING happy11.gif

Ok so what if we video the run. We going to do airfield slalom down and back, or parking lot with a couple big sweepers and shit.
Here is a good one
URY914
I like it.

Ready GO!

Ha, FUCH you I won. driving.gif
Aaron Cox
ROFL...

you guys kill me....

and jp.... is well... just old. poke.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 22 2006, 10:12 PM) *

and jp.... is well... just old. poke.gif

True....and another year older real soon.....but me & the shitbox can still lay a whuppin' on most youz youngen'.
SirAndy

I got ya by .0144

that's because you're looking at a fairly small number (fractions) and people are not very good at seeing differences in small numbers.

just flip the equations (pounds per HP) and it'll make much more sense ...

1850 / 220 = 8.41

1350 / 180 = 7.5

not all that close anymore ...
smile.gif Andy
URY914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2006, 12:35 PM) *

I got ya by .0144

that's because you're looking at a fairly small number (fractions) and people are not very good at seeing differences in small numbers.

just flip the equations (pounds per HP) and it'll make much more sense ...

1850 / 220 = 8.41

1350 / 180 = 7.5

not all that close anymore ...
smile.gif Andy

I'll beat them both like the red headed stepchildren that they are. Number don't lie. (Drives lie, mechanics lie, engine builders lie, kids lie, my dogs lie on the rug..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.