Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need link to horizontal belt driven fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Saw about 2 months ago on this site I am pretty sure. Some company is just starting to make a production version for the 2.7. Seemed to have lost the link though. Anyone remember?
bd1308
There was a member here who adapted a corvair cooling type fan to work with the t4.

Needless to say he did have carbs...

b
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Jun 1 2006, 08:55 AM) *

There was a member here who adapted a corvair cooling type fan to work with the t4.

Needless to say he did have carbs...

b

I haven't seen the one for a /6. My T4 horizontal cooling system uses a modified corvair fan. It's on my list of product development projects, as I have had considerable interest.
Leo Imperial
Don't you have CIS on that 2.7?
turboman808
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 1 2006, 05:28 AM) *

I haven't seen the one for a /6. My T4 horizontal cooling system uses a modified corvair fan. It's on my list of product development projects, as I have had considerable interest.

Yeah maybe thats what I saw. Looks alot like what I imagined. Thought it was on a 6 though

Leo what is CIS?
Leo Imperial
Continious Injection System - Covers the motor where you would place the horizontal fan. That is why bd1308 mentioned having carbs.
Brando
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 1 2006, 06:28 AM) *

Wow, that is awesome! What kind of head temps do you get cruising at 3000-4000 rpms? More importantly, 1000-2000 rpms...
GWN7
There was a guy with a electric driven top fan kit. Nashville area....lost the link sad.gif
turboman808
yeah I was looking thru post on pelican parts in the 911 forum. They all seem to feel there just isn't an electric fan that can supply enough air. Honestly I just look at those old porsche race cars with the top mount fans and it just looks so dam cool. I wouldn't do it though unless it worked better then the original fan. Theory is it provides more even cooling but robs more power from the motor.

Electric fan would look much cooler.

Here is a picture of my motor. Looks like there is room if ya move the coils over a bit. But what th heck do I know. confused24.gif
JoeSharp
Marty of MSDS has a horz fan on his turbo car. Factory parts.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Mueller
Porsche did not use belts, they used bevel gears.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

if you can find a complete setup, expect to pay $5,000 or more for it....there was talk of someone making repo units, but I'd think the price would still be way the heck up there, min. $2,000 I'd say....
Aaron Cox
bevel gears eat power smile.gif

cool: yes
costly:big yes...

worth it? you decide...

you have some ITB FI setup..nice
GWN7
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 1 2006, 04:56 PM) *

Marty of MSDS has a horz fan on his turbo car. Factory parts.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

This one? It sounded sweet beerchug.gif

turboman808
Hmmm what about using one of those shrouds then setting up 2 10 inch fans. One as a pusher and one as a puller. Found some that are 1600 cfm.

Seems the stock system pushes out close to 3000 cfm.

No data here but it seems the top mount would be more efficient and would not really have to push out 3000. But I would think the 2 electric fans sandwhiched would get around the ballpark of 2500.

Yeah lots of random numbers I know. I failed physics.

Anyways someone try it and let me know if it works biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.