Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjustable front a arm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
It's my understanding that someone makes an A arm where you can adjust the camber. Anyone have more information on this?
brant
referred to as a 935 style arm.
pricey.

not legal in many racing classes.
not fully necessary in but the most demanding and competetive environments.

check out smart racing, I think they may sell one.
brant
Brando
Why would it be illegal in racing? If youre rear camber is made to be adjustable (shims and such) why can't your front?
TimT
Im in the process of making something like this for my 911, I may make two sets, one for my 914 as well.

I am however using rod ends at all connections so both castor and camber are adjustable
turboman808
QUOTE(TimT @ Jun 1 2006, 09:30 AM) *

Im in the process of making something like this for my 911, I may make two sets, one for my 914 as well.

I am havever using rod ends at all connections so both castor and camber are adjustable

Hey if you want to make me a set as well... biggrin.gif
I'm not to far from you so could cme pick them up!

Just saw the smart racing product. They are really nice but man the price!!!
brant
QUOTE(Brando @ Jun 1 2006, 11:24 AM) *

Why would it be illegal in racing? If youre rear camber is made to be adjustable (shims and such) why can't your front?

your front in stock configuration is already adjustable for camber, castor and toe also...

most racing classes are either stockish or modified.
and very few stock-ish type classes allow a person to change suspension points or modify factory pick up points. The 935 style technically just that.
some racing classes would allow 935 style in the modified classes.

however, there are other types of racing out there that will not allow any modified pick up points at all. For example many of the vintage clubs. For example, I am not allowed to modify pick up points. I would never be allowed to run a 935style, and I am not even allowed to make the drop spindle modifications for the same reason.

so rules vary.
and many rules would not allow it.
probably 70% of the different classes in the U.S. of A. would not allow it.

brant

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.