Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: call me paranoid....checkin one more time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
K so i think i have it figured.....but just want to hear it one more time.....
the line OUT of the mounted stock 914-6 oil tank.....is in the fender well at the bottom of the tank.....correct????
and .....the input line INTO the oil tank is at the bottom of the mounted tank in the inside the engine compartment......am i correct......???
McMark
That is my recollection of how it should be. wink.gif
DEC
I think your opinion is correct.
The oil circulation is

oil tank(Fender)->oil cooler->engine->oil pump->back to the oil tank (Motor compartment

See pic is from the 911 but the circulation is the same

Click to view attachment
michel richard
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 1 2006, 09:12 AM) *

K so i think i have it figured.....but just want to hear it one more time.....
the line OUT of the mounted stock 914-6 oil tank.....is in the fender well at the bottom of the tank.....correct????
and .....the input line INTO the oil tank is at the bottom of the mounted tank in the inside the engine compartment......am i correct......???

You are absolutely correct.

And the fitting OUT of the tank is bigger (30 x 1.5 mm thread IIRC) than the fitting into the tank (26 x 1.5 mm thread, again IIRC).

The OUT line connects to the engine mounted oil cooler. The line IN goes from the passenger side of the engine case, to the firewall, then across the engine bay, then through a dip in the engine shelf, then to the fitting on the side of the tank that faces the engine.

Michel
jsteele22

Since nobody has answered your request ....

You are paranoid !
pete-stevers
thanks guys.....
i know .....
just want to be dead sure...no sense blowing a perfectly good 3.0
yup just a little paraniod.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.