Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 or Bugatti Veron ? what is the rarest ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
I live in a place where you have 100 more chances to see a Bugatti Veyron than a Porsche 914 ...

Why ?

Because Porsche 914 are rare in France ... my reimported californian 1.8 is almost unique in France ... and I live a few miles from the Bugatti Factory.
Very often they test the new cars they built. or they let them drive by fortunate customers ...
I can cross a Veron twice a week ... but never crossed a 914 for the last 20 years piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

driving.gif
olav
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Of the car!
johannes
[BTW I misspelled the Veyron]

THis is the new plant. Very small indeed ... only assembling parts that come from all over the world.

IPB Image

from inside

IPB Image

While building ... you see its very small. They only wanted to write that the bugatti are built in Molsheim again

IPB Image

The "St Jean" Castle next to the new plant. Mister Bugatti used to invite his customers here ... now owned by VW

IPB Image

Part of the old plant (next to the castle) where the "historic Bugatti where built"

IPB Image

The Hispano Messier Bugatti plant (extension of the old plant). Now its part of Airbus consorsium . They manufacture gears for airplanes
So all the "old" and "new" factories are one behind the other.

IPB Image
johannes
Thats all for the Veyron ...

Now my village and my car smile.gif

olav
Hey thanks!

That's pretty cool.

Inside the manufacturing building looks pretty sterile.

Nice village and car; 914 that is!

johannes
Picture from the sky !

You can see the graveyard where Jean Bugatti is burried.
Jean Bugatti was the son of Etorre Bugatti. He was a genius. He designed the most beautiful Bugatti. He died in an accident while testing a race car in 1939.
It happened a few miles away on the street you see at the bottom of the picture.
wbergtho
Nice 914! and nice pictures from France. Thanks for sharing them with us. Please show us more!

Regards,

Bill
johannes
Please show us more!

more what ? more from the Bugatti plant or more from this (beautiful) region ?

Like the Cathedral from Strasbourg ... I love it !
Very very impressive. So large and looking so light
Built 1176-1439 ... 465 feet high

Isn't it a beauty ?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

johannes
Strasbourg ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SirAndy
geröstete Marronen und Glühwein ... yummy! chowtime.gif

gotta love the wintertime in europe ...
piratenanner.gif Andy

PS: btw. what's the french word for "Glühwein" ?
johannes
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 1 2006, 02:49 PM) *

geröstete Marronen und Glühwein ... yummy! chowtime.gif

gotta love the wintertime in europe ...
piratenanner.gif Andy

PS: btw. what's the french word for "Glühwein" ?

"Glühwein" is "vin chaud" ...
I prefer summer in Europe ... so I can remove the targa top and drive my teener driving.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Johannes,
Your presenting one of the facets of European culture that I admire so much......preservation. Here in the States, we rather tear something down and put up some ugliness, rather than spend the money to fix and maintain it. Exceptions do exist, however, Stateside. Charleston, SC and Savannah GA come immediately to mind. Anyway, beautiful countryside, wonderful architecture and your car looks fantastic in its European setting (as do all our European Forum members 914s). clap56.gif
#1RAGE
Very cool johannes thumb3d.gif

I've never been overseas but that looks like a beautiful place to visit.

914's are rare here too but I do see one or two each year. I doubt I'll ever see a Bugatti.

beerchug.gif
Rrrockhound
Johannes:
Merci pour un de meilleur poteaux j'ai vu sur ce BBS.

(I'm sorry, my French sucks.)
johannes
QUOTE(#1RAGE @ Jun 1 2006, 03:09 PM) *

Very cool johannes thumb3d.gif

I've never been overseas but that looks like a beautiful place to visit.

914's are rare here too but I do see one or two each year. I doubt I'll ever see a Bugatti.

beerchug.gif

So! now its about 1H30 in the night ... time to sleep ... icon_bump.gif See you tomorrow. beer.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Wow, beautiful region!
dekman
Thanks for the photo's! Your car looks great! More pic's of your car................. clap56.gif
johannes
QUOTE(dekman @ Jun 1 2006, 04:48 PM) *

Thanks for the photo's! Your car looks great! More pic's of your car................. clap56.gif

Here we are !
The car is not perfect... there are a few cosmetic things to fix but it runs great !
I have already removed the yellow paint on the side mirrors and repolished them.
Now it's time to remove the (non connected) speakers and build new door panels . These one are looking very bad.

You can also watch my 914 VIDEO ( great sound )
http://www.914garage.com/videos/yellow_914.wmv
dekman
Your car looks great! I used to have a '73 2.0L yellow. The video is nicely done...great editing. Thanks!
olav
Nice video johannes, what mounts did you use to attach the camera to the car?

You've inspired me to make a video! smile.gif
WRX914
The owner of the company that I work for and I were exhibitors at last weeks Beverly Hills unveilling of the Veyron. Stunning automobile... Leno showed up in his Ariel Atom (no plates either). We showed our Hummer golf carts next to Ecosse motorcycles. Needless to say, we were way outclassed at this event!
Steve Thacker
That is a beautiful car johannes and what a beautiful place to live. I'm envious to say the least. smiley_notworthy.gif
johannes
Now the pictures you wanted to see...

The very rare californian 914 in front of the Bugatti Factory ...

You can see the small test track in front of the factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.