Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: Windows XP Service Pack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
I have NetZero dailup at home...I downloaded the new XP Sevice Pack about 4 days ago and ever since I cannot stay online for more that 4-8 minutes before I am kicked off... It really SUCKS -
Can anyone give me some ideas how to fix this??
NetZero wants $2 a MINUTE....
Thanks
Thom
I posted to another thread and got minimal response...
TIA
Neal
Not a Windows guy persay but did you check your Dialup profile, there should be a place where you tell it what to do after so many minutes of being connected, when I used dialup I always set mine to zero effectively saying don't disconnect this connectioon ever.
biosurfer1
might want to make sure you dont have the blaster worm virus...that is exactly what it does...kicks you off all the time, made me so mad before i figured out what it was.
Neal
If you had the blaster virus you would get a message similar to 'Invalid RPC call' you will be shutdown in 60 seconds or something along those lines. If you go to www.comcast.net they have a link to procedures to check for and remove that virus. What is the exact message you receive when you are disconnected ?

Neal
dakotaewing
I installed the fix for Blaster weeks ago - any chance I could get again after installing the fix - or XPSP erasing the fix?

Thom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.