Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 1.8L won't stay running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
#1RAGE
I had this same problem earlier this year. My car wouldn't stay running unless I kept my foot on the gas. I took it in to my mechanic and he said it was just a hose that blew off and he put it back on.

Well now I'm having the same trouble except I forgot to ask him to show me which hose it was. I can't see anything wrong. What should I be looking for and where?

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, my bill says "Air hose off air slide valve" What exactly is that and where do I find it?
Brando
1) Take a picture, high resolution, of your engine bay.
2) Post it here.
3) We'll all chime in, photoshop in arrows, and tell you what is missing.
#1RAGE
Ok,

IPB Image

I have a few more shots I can post a bit later.
Mark Henry
Right behind the breather/oil fill box, down at the bottom as far as you can see, between it and the plenum. Most likely a little 90 degree elbow.
Dave_Darling
Just run all the hoses. Start with one, and follow it to its end. Then follow to the other end. Put a piece of tape on it to tell you that you've checked that one. Then find another hose. Keep going until you run out of hoses. If you find one that's unplugged, figure out where the other end goes and ask us. Or look around for a fitting of the appropriate size and try it.

Air leaks can also come from a lot of other sources, though. Like a cracked rubber "boot" from the air flow meter to the throttle body; those love to crack down in the accordion pleats. sad.gif

--DD
#1RAGE
Thanks everyone. smile.gif I'll have to take some more time to look for it tomorrow. I'll update this thread if find/don't find it.

It was so nice this evening and I haven't been out for a drive in 2 weeks. It's getting dark now sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.