Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel center cap? have you tried these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
Here

do they fit, and stay on?

what have others used?
GWN7
Just bought the same ones from the same guy. Came nicely packaged. Don't know about fit or staying as the wheels are still in the boxes.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 1 2006, 07:56 PM) *

Just bought the same ones from the same guy. Came nicely packaged. Don't know about fit or staying as the wheels are still in the boxes.

thanks for the response bruce, let me know how they are after install.
GWN7
Waiting for the bolts smile.gif

Oh ya...some tires too

then I have to fix/swap the trans

Other than that the car is ready to go smile.gif
BigDBass
popcorn[1].gif

(Neither the caps nor the customer service of another seller "Theandante" are regarded highly around here.)
Mueller
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 1 2006, 09:38 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Neither the caps nor the customer service of Theandante are regarded highly around here.

WHAT??? screwy.gif

did you even look at the ad??
BigDBass
Yes I did, and edited my post to clarify, but you beat me to the "Add Reply" button smile.gif
carreraguy
Don't know the seller but his feedback rating appears to be pretty high.

I bought a set two years ago from another seller on eBay for my '76 and they worked out fine; pic attached. They are not exact duplicates of the original but you won't find any originals anywhere as nice as any of the new ones appear. Easy to put on with a soft rubber mallet but the biggest hassle is getting them off without dinging them, so if you don't want to ding them, don't take them off.

Useless info - I used to have a tool for mounting the center caps by pushing from the outside evenly with a matching circumference pipe and dismounting the center caps by pushing from the inside evenly with a matching inside circumference pipe, but it went with my car sale since I knew I was switching to five bolt Fuchs; should not be that hard to duplicate the tool.
GWN7
They look like they will fit very snuggly. I don't think them coming out will be a problem. This is press fit with 200 lbs. on them (ok mabey I'm 210) smile.gif still have 1/4" to go.

73Phoenix20
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 1 2006, 10:46 PM) *

They look like they will fit very snuggly. I don't think them coming out will be a problem. This is press fit with 200 lbs. on them (ok mabey I'm 210) smile.gif still have 1/4" to go.

I have a set of these billet caps on my polished Fuchs 2.0's, and they have worked great. They do fit very snuggly, so no problem with losing them. They don't seem to need much care... just an occasional wipe down with some Blue Magic and they shine bright. I got them from a different seller when they wre new on the market, but they appear to be the same caps. I installed them with a block of soft pine and a dead blow hammer... no problem!
balljoint
Those aren't going to fit my Repro (read fake) Fuchs are they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.