Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offered a running 74 2ltr 914--need advice!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Sorry no pictures.
I have a chance to buy a running 74 2ltr 914 for parts prices--I think. It's pretty much stock, with a good black interior, console has a small tear. Took a ride in the car it ran through the gears, tached up to 5,000 no problem. When it was tacked up it was cutting out a little--djet. Has a car alarm, and 4 bolt wheels that look like what I call "centerlines?" The car is complete, bumpers, etc. Been painted three times. Quad monza exhaust. Fuel pressure gauge coming out of the console as a fourth gauge. 914 has the appearance package. Currenlty licensed to 2007.

Outwardly, the car looks OK. Closer inspeciton reveals rust issues in the ususal places. The front tires 195/50's are unevenly worn on the inside badly. Drivers side in the trunk reveals it had been crunched at one time but pulled out and repaired.

The motor has a minature cone breather like air cleaner attached to the oil cap????

My question is...what do you think a car like this is worth? My thoughts was to buy it for the running motor (for my current 914) and sell the rest for parts to recoup purchase price. I really don't want to start another project, and the expenses it will take to restore.
I have to make my decision today.
Mark
Gint
If it's less than a grand, the motor is worth that. Take it.
GTeener
Is it orange? Malaga red? Or maroon? happy11.gif
fitsbain
I'll buy the interior stuff!!
computers4kids
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 2 2006, 08:29 AM) *

Is it orange? Malaga red? Or maroon? happy11.gif

It is currently bahia red, was yellow once, and blue originally--I think.
computers4kids
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Jun 2 2006, 08:36 AM) *

I'll buy the interior stuff!!

The only tear in the interior is a small one to one of the seats.

How much of the interior would you be interested in? How much would you want to pay for what you want?
rhodyguy
lot's of "howabouts". good windshield? valances? rockers? TARGA BAR PAD?? sway bars, dash top, good used seals...if YOU think it's a deal, jump on it. start collecting cardboard boxes.

k
computers4kids
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 2 2006, 09:05 AM) *

lot's of "howabouts". good windshield? Yes

valances? Yes

rockers? TARGA BAR PAD?? one small crack in center of targa pad...Not sure under rocker panels

sway bars, dash top, Damm...I forgot to check for sway bars...dash OK, cracked

good used seals...weatherstripping all there

f YOU think it's a deal, jump on it. start collecting cardboard boxes.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.