Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 06 Silent Auction preview!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
double-a
ladies and gents, here's a small preview of items that wcc06 attendees will have an opportunity to bid on during our silent auction on saturday the 8th.

- artistic sketch of your 914, donated by felix (neo914-6)
- 914 service cover, donated by garold schaffer
- pilot light kit, donated by joe sharp
- pair of 72-74 basketweave door panels, donated by 914 appearance and performance (morphenspectra)
- new rennshift performance shifter, donated by steve and sher (pete-stevers)
- stainless non-skid dead pedal, donated by sergio meza
- porsche side scripts, donated by mike z
- porsche crest decals, donated by mike z
- set of stainless fuel lines, donated by racer chris
- set of heavy duty rear trailing arm brackets, donated by racer chris
- new italian steering wheel + 914 adapter hub, donated by stefan/gts classics
- 10 hours bkl architectural services, donated by brett laurila
- set of head studs, donated by ln engineering
- set of through bolts, donated by ln engineering
- $500 discount on 2056 motor build, donated by mcmark
- $250 discount on 1911 motor build, donated by mcmark
- custom center-mount rear view mirror, donated by paul bellefleur
- set of factory service manuals, donated by bruce napier
- pair of rebuilt front calipers, donated by eric shea
- pair of rebuilt rear calipers, donated by eric shea
- 914 fuse panel, donated by jwest engineering
- trunk lid pivot kit, donated by jwest engineering
- fog light flasher module, donated by jwest engineering
- 904 gauge kits, donated by john flesburg
- 914 rc car with custom wcc 06 paint scheme, donated by gt performance

a few items have not been received, so for those who have not yet sent in their donations, please ship them asap.

as you can see, there are some really nice items here. all proceeds will directly benefit the ronald mcdonald house charities.

~a
rhodyguy
great list. the auction last year was a HOOT!! those coveting a peculiar item walked around the table in decreasing orbits near the end of the bidding.

k
double-a
that's the best part about a silent auction, watching the vultures circle biggrin.gif

~a
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 2 2006, 08:57 AM) *

great list. the auction last year was a HOOT!! those coveting a peculiar item walked around the table in decreasing orbits near the end of the bidding.

k

double-a
the list has been updated to include a new rennshift to be auctioned off!

~a
lotus_65
hey there friends!

that mirror is NOT a dr. evil mirror.

it is a kit you can read all about here:
mirror/visor pivot kit

hopefully, my buddy double-a will call me to fix the listing...

paul bellefleur
double-a
thanks for the correction, i have updated the list. beer.gif

~a
JoeSharp
As a sponcer I paid $560.00 to have my logo put on the plate and a pair of pilot lights put up on the silent auction. What happened to that?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
morph
we just pulled five sets of door panels off the molds. been very busy there will be a pair of 72-74 basket weave door panels we are donateing to the auction.
james
appearance & performance
double-a
i'm not handling the plates so i don't know about that, i'll ask craig.

~a
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 2 2006, 09:21 PM) *

As a sponcer I paid $560.00 to have my logo put on the plate and a pair of pilot lights put up on the silent auction. What happened to that?

double-a
smilie_pokal.gif great, thanks!

are you planning to ship to me or bring to the auction?

~a
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Jun 2 2006, 09:50 PM) *

we just pulled five sets of door panels off the molds. been very busy there will be a pair of 72-74 basket weave door panels we are donateing to the auction.
james
appearance & performance

Andyrew
I was one of them.. but no one bid against me!!! ahh.. oh well.
boxstr
Plates have all of the sponsors logos on them Including NARP racing, thank you Joe. There will be a set of Pilot lites on the silent auction, also.
To bad Andrew, no one will bid against you this year either.
Craig
double-a
thx craig, list updated.

we're getting close to $5k in donations, way to go guys. i know what i'm bidding on!

~a
morph
most likely ill set up a drop off time.im one of those "in person" business people.(kinda funny for some one who ownes a internet sales company) im in portland once a week for purchasing for the company.so we can set something up.i also am going to pay the reg fee to take a chance at winning that purdy car craig has put up,even though my car wont be done for the show. sad.gif .someone got a spare seat?????? biggrin.gif i will also volunteer my time and be a "body" for any event that needs help.
james
JoeSharp
Thanks Guys.
J P Stein
I've got some half worn track tires that I can donate to the cause.
4ea R3SO3 225 X 15 Hoosiers. Prolly good for a couple of track days or a season of AX.
GaroldShaffer
Mom's service cover will go out Monday Priority mail Monday. She has been a little ill these past few weeks.
BKLA
Hey, Where's that cool R/C 914 with the beer & logo graphics?

I didn't see it listed...
double-a
check the bottom of the list above wink.gif

~a
QUOTE(repro914gt @ Jun 3 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Hey, Where's that cool R/C 914 with the beer & logo graphics?

I didn't see it listed...

double-a
cool, thanks for the update.

~a
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 3 2006, 08:36 AM) *

Mom's service cover will go out Monday Priority mail Monday. She has been a little ill these past few weeks.

BKLA
My bad!

I even read the list twice and missed it!
double-a
awesome. can you bring them to the monarch on saturday?

~a
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 3 2006, 08:05 AM) *

I've got some half worn track tires that I can donate to the cause.
4ea R3SO3 225 X 15 Hoosiers. Prolly good for a couple of track days or a season of AX.

double-a
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

~a
double-a
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif

~a
double-a
icon_bump.gif

updated list! smilie_pokal.gif

~a
double-a
icon_bump.gif

i received the 914 wcc06 rc car today, donated by gt performance. it's awesome!

~a
TROJANMAN
have you guys considered opening up the auction to online users who cannot attend? idea.gif
BigDBass
have you guys considered opening up the auction to online users who cannot attend?
agree.gif
double-a
an interesting point. one difficulty: many of the items are being brought to the auction by their respective donors. and synching an online auction with live, in-person bidding would be a challenge.

maybe we can set aside a small selection of donations that can be auctioned off in the 914club classifieds, after the wcc?

~a
TROJANMAN
just have a lap top set up in the lobby. start a thread for each item desired with the current bids. or, have people pm a one time bid (the max they are willing to pay) for each item desired. the bid remains silent and the highest bidder gets it at the end of the night.
boxstr
Greg I like the idea. Is there someone who can cordinate this??
Let me know or Aaron know.
Craig
Andyrew
The fun part of a silent auction is bidding wars...

Two people, slowly walking back and forth, signing their lifes away at higher prices, watching for the expression on the others face when they read the new price...

Even though I wont be able to bid on the cool stuff, I think the silent auction should stay the way it is...

Those that miss the wcc, miss the silent auction... simple.

Andrew
jimtab
craig, there will be a Makita tool, prob. an impact driver like last year if the rep ever comes by with it, some bags of wire ties, a few sunglass/safety glasses...for now, that's all, I'll be bringing them up with me.
boxstr
Jim Thank you, appreciate what you are doing.
Craig
rhodyguy
while selling car raffle tickets to non-attendees is a great idea, i think the SILENT auction should remain as was. there should be some special benefit for those who have paid to attend. after all, this isn't barret-jackson. gotta be there to bid. as i remember, all bids had to be settled up before you got the stuff. what happens when a non-attending bidder changes their mind (retracts their bid) after the fact?

k
Kerrys914
agree.gif

Lets get this going for the East Coast Cookout jsharp.gif This september beerchug.gif

Should be plenty of East Coast guys willing to help for the right cause. This event is not as big as the WCC, yet wink.gif but we are getting there.

e-mail me type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.