Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid ? 101 - How to remove tray at rear of console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
Okay, I have looked it over carefully, but I can't find any screws in the rear corners holding it down. There was one in the front that was also holding down the console. blink.gif

The only ones I can still see are those holding the tray together at the back. I have tried sliding it forward now that the console is out of the way but that didn't work either.

What next?

headbang.gif
tdgray
Are you speaking of the Center Console or the Third Seat Tray.

Please clarify and we can help.
rjames
Center guage console? Is there a screw holding it to the underside of the dash?
jtf914
If you are asking about the 3 gauge, center console..... I think you just remove the flat panel that covers the shifter, and heater lever, and the mounting screws are under there.
TROJANMAN
he's talking about the third seat tray

"....The only ones I can still see are those holding the tray together at the back. I have tried sliding it forward now that the console is out of the way but that didn't work either...."
Rand
On mine, the tray between the seats is screwed through the bottom into the center tunnel. Four screws at the corners I believe. Heads visible in bottom of tray. With all the screws out it just lifts out.

The gauge panel is not screwed in... snaps in with clips. Just pull it towards you but be careful to not pull the clips out... kinda like a door panel.
db9146
This is the tray between the seats at the back of the console (guages and console are already out). I looked for the screws inside the tray in the bottom of each corner but I didn't see them. That's why I was thinking that there might be some clips under the tray that it slides into to hold it down. I've looked three times, I guess a fourth won't hurt.
elocke
Mine also has 4 screws in the corners of the tray, AND 2 screws in the front.
Ed
JPB
:sawzall:Agnaaaaaa, got da scwoodriva boss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.