Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gonna go watch the F1 race.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
Queenie
I could have gone to watch it (don't have cable here at home) but instead I'm sitting here doing homework for my Music Appreciation class.

Oh well. If I can't watch race cars, at least I can sit here and pontificate about rock and roll. (It's really a neat class. smile.gif )
Air_Cooled_Nut
I'm gonna be watching @ my girlfriend's place while I fog my house (cat + outside = fleas).
Charles Deutsch
Well, Michael Schumacher won the race and Juan Pablo is no longer in contention for the driver's championship but Kimi Raikkonnen, who came in second, has a slim chance of winning the championship in Suzuka if he wins that race and Schumacher doesn't score any points. The good news (for me) is that Williams-BMW could still win the constructor's championship.
fiid
I'll take anyone but Schumacher.

Fiid.
J P Stein
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 28 2003, 01:18 PM)

Fiid.

Watza' matter. Does he have bad breath? You don't like red? You don't recognize greatness when you see it? Prolly don't appreciate Lance Armstrong either, eh?

The race is not always to the fast, nor the fight to the strong....but that's the way to bet.
boxstr
Yah Schumie.
CCLINPD
Queenie
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 28 2003, 02:05 PM)

Watza' matter. Does he have bad breath? You don't like red? You don't recognize greatness when you see it? Prolly don't appreciate Lance Armstrong either, eh?

Personally, I dislike Schumacher's big chin.

Lance, however, is a mensch.
seanery
It was cold as hell there today! And Rainy!!! Froze my effin' ass off! I've got pics I'll post in another thread.
tracks914
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 28 2003, 01:18 PM)

Fiid.

Ditto!!!
Do you think F1 would have given Micheal the same penalty Juan got for a racing incident?
Jeroen
Well, I hadn't watched the F1 crap for quite some time...
Schumacher is an absolute asshole. They should have kicked him out of F1 years and years ago. He's not a sportsman.
Did he get a penalty for passing under yellow?
(I didn't see the whole race - as usual, I fell asleep watching it. It's boring as hell)

cheers,

Jeroen
indydad
Tracks914..........the answer to your question is..............NooooooooooooooWayyyyyyyy. I saw the JPM touch of Rubens and it is a joke. I also the WAVING yellow that Mikey ignored......oh well, sometimes it takes weeks for the dust or rather hail to settle. I bet any penalty for ferrari will be just short of keeping them from taking the championship. I froze like Sean did.
Jerry
INDY (The Motorsports Capitol of the Universe)
fiid
The race is about many things. Mainly- a set of competitors are given a set of rules to compete under. Some competitors seem to be better at circumventing enforcement than others. Schmuacher over the years has done a lot of things to get ahead that have not been particularly fair. It's really not good for the sport - It makes it boring to watch and follow, which lowers the following, and hence lowers the value of the sponsorships that keep it alive. You ain't bankrolling an F1 entrance anytime soon (I'm guessing).

Lance Armstrong, from what I have seen is a very strong competitor and doesn't cheat. He works hard. I may be wrong, but from a meta-level, he doesn't have a rolling controversy following him like schumacher does.

Technology innovation, better driving techniques, reliability and consistency are what F1 should be about. Not corruption or cheating. I don't have the time or the inclination to back up all these claims, but the fact that I have this impression means a bunch of other like minded people also have it. This years F1 has been much more interesting than last years for me specifically becuase Schumacher looked like he wasn't going to win it. I like watching the races when they aren't dominated by one team. That's going to help the sport more than what appears to be going on right now.

Fiid.
maf914
For the Ferrari and Schumi fans from the Nigel Roebuck column at the Autosport site:

Dear Nigel,
A number of commentators have attributed Ferrari's success in recent years to the fact that all the elements of their operation are housed under one roof. In the light of the Italian Grand Prix, and the tyre controversy which preceded it, would you agree that this is not quite true? After all, whilst Ferrari's chassis and engine facilities are located at Fiorano, Italy, the FIA headquarters are in Paris...
Gordon McCabe, Bournemouth, UK

Dear Gordon,

You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Mike w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.