Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threshold plates and engine grill gimp needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Can anyone direct me to an after market source for the black plastic inner and outer threshold plates? OEM stuff is spendy. Also need source for the black flexible plastic gimp that goes arount the edges of the engine grill. Seems to be a thin one at front and larger one that clips up from the botton and surronds the rest of the grill. Is this gimp used on the two small side grills also? My car had nothing.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(911914 @ Jun 2 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Can anyone direct me to an after market source for the black plastic inner and outer threshold plates? OEM stuff is spendy. Also need source for the black flexible plastic gimp that goes arount the edges of the engine grill. Seems to be a thin one at front and larger one that clips up from the botton and surronds the rest of the grill. Is this gimp used on the two small side grills also? My car had nothing.

Gimp?
Eric_Shea
Comeon Pat... you know what he's talking about wink.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 2 2006, 08:03 PM) *

Sorry for asking a question for help. Won't be using this forum anymore.
Gint
QUOTE(911914 @ Jun 3 2006, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 2 2006, 08:03 PM) *

Sorry for asking a question for help. Won't be using this forum anymore.

Oh please. If that isn't over sensitive I don't know what is.

I have to admit to being very curious myself exactly what you mean by "gimp". I Think you mean the weatherstrip, moulding, whatever it's called at the edge of the engine lid. But I don't know that. If that is what your referring to, I don't know where you can get the "stuff".

Please don't take you ball and go home. We want you to stay and play, really.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 2 2006, 07:03 PM) *

WTF.gif
Sorry.....sure didn't want to run him away, just wanted a clarification. Figured it was "probably" the vinyl-over-metal squeeze trim but thought he'd say for sure. Jeez, "sensitize"!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 3 2006, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 2 2006, 07:03 PM) *

WTF.gif
Sorry.....sure didn't want to run him away, just wanted a clarification. Figured it was "probably" the vinyl-over-metal squeeze trim but thought he'd say for sure. Jeez, "sensitize"!

By the way, I thought it was called a doohickey.
tod914
It was a doohickey up until the 73 model year. Afterwards, became know as the gimp.
Elliot_Cannon
If he's that sensitive, he certainly IS on the wrong forum! Too bad. If you can't take a joke or some good natured ribbing, you in da wrong place!!

Cheers, Elliot
Eric_Shea
Yikes... just revisited this.

a ) I meant for Pat not to get too C-Dub with the guy. (lightly, not overly sensative, hence the wink, I'm am kinda crampy and bloated though...)

-and-

b ) I most certainly wasn't tossing any rocks at the newbie.

Come on back dude...
tod914
see what happens when you let pat out of his CW hole...
tod914
911914 to answer your question, the 3 trim pieces for the lid are NLA. I think if you check the resource section there is a member that makes metal ones.. The plasitc oem ones are pricey, but to be honest I think that's all you'll find as far as new goes. Maybe make a post on the wanted section and you can get a decent set there.
Irecently purchased a set of of that edging from a member. It's not oem, but its essentially identical... heres the info on the bag.

Performance Choice T1538 seal prot edge 46 length pc 1520

404469 Alt# T1555K Seal, protective edge, set of 2 2-125-110202

not sure if its still in production or where you would look though.
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 3 2006, 05:59 PM) *

911914 to answer your question, the 3 trim pieces for the lid are NLA. I think if you check the resource section there is a member that makes metal ones.. The plasitc oem ones are pricey, but to be honest I think that's all you'll find as far as new goes. Maybe make a post on the wanted section and you can get a decent set there.
Irecently purchased a set of of that edging from a member. It's not oem, but its essentially identical... heres the info on the bag.

Performance Choice T1538 seal prot edge 46 length pc 1520

404469 Alt# T1555K Seal, protective edge, set of 2 2-125-110202

not sure if its still in production or where you would look though.

Thanks Tod, appreciate your help.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 3 2006, 04:44 PM) *

If he's that sensitive, he certainly IS on the wrong forum! Too bad. If you can't take a joke or some good natured ribbing, you in da wrong place!!
must be the 911 owner in him ...

now, where is the cheese that goes with that whine ???
idea.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
hey! us 914ers eat cheese and whine...

the cheese is in a CAN
and the wine in a BOX
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 3 2006, 04:53 PM) *

see what happens when you let pat out of his CW hole...

HEY! I resemble that! I'm a sensitive perthon too! And leave my CW hole out of this!
boxstr
"Gimp" is the piping material between the body and the engine lid screen and the screen's next to the engine lid screen.
It is something that is out their just need to find it.
CCLINGIMPMYRIDE
tod914
gimp 1 (gmp) KEY

NOUN:

A narrow flat braid or rounded cord of fabric used for trimming. Also called guimpe , guipure .

ah ha... now i understand
Mueller
I'm guessing he never saw "Pulp Fiction".....I never heard the term "gimp" used to describe the egde protector....

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
gimp 1 (gmp) KEY

NOUN:

A narrow flat braid or rounded cord of fabric used for trimming. Also called guimpe , guipure .

PAT! You should be ashamed of yourself!!
tod914
What do think Eric.. time out for Pat in his CW hole or take away his qtips?
Eric_Shea
For not knowing Gimp?

I'd say he gets a time out.
Gint
Doh!

I'm really curious know though. How many people absolutely knew that? Really knew the definition before this thread started? Inquiring minds want to know.
Eric_Shea
Not I. But I don't profess to be a C-Dub lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.