Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 914/6 FS in Nevada
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
link

I haven't seen this one before and it says its a 72.

echocanyons
Lots more pictures here

here

oops sorry its a conversion vin 4702700886
merrill
I live a short distance from that dealer and would be MORE than happy to test drive it for ya!

By the Way, they have a decent or better than decent reputation.
echocanyons
Not intersted to buy... but if I could scrape up 40k...
olav
Wow, only 1 of 150 made in 1972 and it has 350HP to boot.

Aaron Cox
350 HP??? LOL is it a v8? or a turbo 6???

it better have a JWE motor for that money
d914
PERFORMANCE: 350HP CONDITION: EXCELLENT, 1 OF 150 BUILT IN 1972, RACE-READY! HALTECH INJECTION, TWM INJECTOR STACKS, MSD IGNITION, LIGHT FLYWHEEL, RACING CLUTCH, FRONT OIL COOLER, PHASE 10 STAINLESS MUFFLERS, 915 GEARBOX, QUAIFE LIMITED-SLIP, TURBO BRAKES
Aaron Cox
to make 350 hp at the crank, it would have to be a boosted motor... ot would have to be a race tweaked 3.6 or 3.8.......

davep
There are a lot of errors there. 4702700886 is an error: probably 4702900886
That is a very early 1970 not a 1972.
There were 260 914/6 built for MY 1972.

merrill, could you swing by and get some info for me please. The paint code and chassis numbers from the Karmann badge on the drivers door hinge post. Chassis # should be like: 4819507 48th week Monday (1) and 7th body.

Also, if the decal is still there on the door latch post, get the date code; it should be in 1969. You might want to check the VIN in the usual places.
boxstr
Pic shows that latch post decal is missing.
Craig
Gint
Back in 2002 at the West Coast Wramble (organized by Herr Herzog pray.gif) the tech sessions were held at SportHaus in Reno NV. (yes, the same place). And they had a 72 914/6 on the site at that time. This car looks remarkably similar despite the fact that they do not list a /6 VIN in the cars.com advertisement.

It's the only 72 914/6 I've ever seen and all of the other VIN tags matched this stamping from the left fenderwell in the front trunk.

Here's a pic that Was taken back then:
echocanyons
same front plate and air damn prolly a true 72 6
Gint
Looks like it could very well be the same car. I wonder why the description in the ad indicates 72 /6 but the VIN does not?

And 72 sixes really do have the 4 banger ignition switch on the column.
echocanyons
the vin is the same as the yellow 70 they have for sale
Gint
Aha! Check out the VIN on this 4 they have in stock (for quite a while now actually).

Sport Haus 1970 914/4 for sale
echocanyons
here

yellow 70

You beat me to it Gint
Gint
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jun 2 2006, 07:48 PM) *

the vin is the same as the yellow 70 they have for sale

Yup. I see that now. They've advertised that yellow car before. A long time ago in fact.

If I could have the $35k+ back that I have into my as yet unfinished /6 resto I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat.
Gint
I have more pics from 2002 if anyone is interested. Dave Darling took them actually, but I stashed them on my site.
echocanyons
I dunno that one has a few flaws and yours is turning out to be purty much perfect.

BTW how is it coming along any more progress?
Gint
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jun 2 2006, 07:57 PM) *

I dunno that one has a few flaws and yours is turning out to be purty much perfect.

BTW how is it coming along any more progress?

Not really. I don't have the room to finish it at this point. Kinda of a long story. It's sitting safe and sound in the garage. Sometimes I tell people that I'm letting the paint cure. THat's it... the paint is curing. wink.gif And it will need another $10k. I had $6 before I bought the zambeziteen. Then I started buying up parts for it with my available car cash. Then I bought back my first 914. And then...

You probably get the general idea.
Gint
I'm a little surprised there isn't more interest in this car. You don't see a 1972 914/6 every day.

icon_bump.gif
davep
agree.gif

Perhaps if Merrill could drop by there and look at the two cars. The chassis # for the six will be in the rear trunk floor in front of the lock: 132xxxx

The 72 six is an interesting blend of the earlier sixes and the 914/4. I saw one at the Porsche Parade back in 1989 in Traverse City, MI.
Andyrew
Says its a 3.6 liter..

IPB Image

Never seen that intake on a 3.6 liter..
Aaron Cox
those are individual throttle bodies for FI...

350 HP is BS from a NA 3.6......

i dont believe it....
Aaron Cox
i like the mileage BS...

72 has silver center gauges... not 74+.... and not electronic....

so take the mileage reading with a grain of salt.... it is whatever they set the odo to when they changed out speedo's

IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
I remember that car...it is French. The front driving lights are yellow.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 3 2006, 05:21 PM) *

I remember that car...it is French. The front driving lights are yellow.

aslo has the french tail lights.....
Gint
Apparently there is a renewed interest in this car in this thread.

icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
Through the resourcefulness of the club, we got them to change the ad to give the correct VIN and build numbers. wink.gif

(I still think it's a bit high $$ but a 72 -6 would be cool to have.)
Gint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 21 2006, 06:57 PM) *

Through the resourcefulness of the club, we got them to change the ad to give the correct VIN and build numbers. wink.gif

(I still think it's a bit high but a 72 -6 would be cool to have.

I have several *large* pics of that car from 2002. DD's pics actually, but if you want to see them lemme know.
grantsfo
Ack $40K! What do they think that thing is ...a Porsche?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.