Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 novice needs your help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
modpr2
i have a 1975 914 and i read that to tell if its a 2.0 or a 1.8 i need to count the bolts holding on the intake manifold. 4 of them means its a 1.8 and 3 of them means its a 2.0 is this true and do i need to take anything off my 914 to see these bolts. pictures would be great if anyone has them. thank you.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(modpr2 @ Jun 2 2006, 02:02 PM) *

i have a 1975 914 and i read that to tell if its a 2.0 or a 1.8 i need to count the bolts holding on the intake manifold. 4 of them means its a 1.8 and 3 of them means its a 2.0 is this true and do i need to take anything off my 914 to see these bolts. pictures would be great if anyone has them. thank you.

you are correct, you shouldn't have to remove anything to see. really just need to look inbetween the 2 plenum risers, if you see 1 bolt than 2 ltr or 2 studs 1.8.

wilchek
Check out the pics. The first is from a 2.0 three bolts on the intake, (near fuel rail and injectors). The second is a 1.7 will have two center (bolts). Look for two bolts or one bolt in the center point, this will tell what it is. But beware a lot of these engines are rebuilt, this will only tell you what type of heads you have.
modpr2
Thank you both of you and those pictures are perfect. glad to know theres a place like this for us 914 owners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.