Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey any chance these can be saved?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I really like this style of rim. These look pretty messed up. Could just be the chrome peeling. Anyways If you guys think I can save them I will get them this weekend.

17x8 and 17x9 I'd powdercoat them flat black. But yeah let me know if they look savable!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

turboman808
here is the wheel size. Any reason they wouldn't fit?

REAR 9JX17AH2ET44 8AR
FR 8JX17AH2ET56.7 9AR
Allan
As long as they are not bent why not?

If you're gonna powder coat them just have them soda blasted first to get the anodizing off and voila!
Mark Henry
They look like the rims off of my Passat.
Joe Bob
16s...but I got all 4 for $100, they were cosmeticaly challenged, near as bad as the maroon that owned those.....then powder coated black.
Hybrid_Teener
those are nifty.. yeah, I'd have them media blasted, get ALL that chrome off, and get that road rash fixed beforehand.

I don't know if they'd fit, maybe you should make a template of your brakes and stuff, make sure they're the right offset and make sure the holes line up. Then you should be good to go!

good luck
scotty b
FYIW 150 grit does a great job of smoothing out curb rash before powder coating. Any heavier and you'll have gouges in the aluminum
turboman808
You mean they may have a possibly different hubcentric then regular porsches? or how much room behind for the brakes.

I figure I will more then likely have to get spacers or worse pull out the fenders.

I have 16x7 and 16x8 fuchs right now. Front looks a little tight but the back seems to have lots of room
Hybrid_Teener
hm with 9s i'm pretty sure you need flares or to pull out da bumper
Aaron Cox
i saw them on PP. look nice...

techart or speedline IIRC....

lots of work, but yes, powdercoat em!

how much for the fuchs?
Joe Bob
If they are late offset....1 inch spacer up front and 2 inch in the rear....equals a 16x7 and a 16x8 Fuchs.
DanT
definitely Speedline....it is cast into the rim in the pics.... smile.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 2 2006, 02:35 PM) *

i saw them on PP. look nice...

techart or speedline IIRC....

lots of work, but yes, powdercoat em!

how much for the fuchs?

Yeah I had just found them on Pelican Parts. I'm looking thru this guys post. Needless to say they don't like him very much and honestly makes me very warry of buying anything from him. I certainly wouldn't buy from him without seeing them in person.

I need my fuchs. Only fuching going on in my life right now. biggrin.gif
Jeroen
Those are RUF wheels (made by Speedline)
You're gonna need spacers to fit them though
turboman808
Hey I just watched a video on powdercoating. Got me pumped up to try it!!!
Dr Evil
They do not look chrome plated. You can have them painted, it is what they are now. Many paint shops can fix these and yes you will need spacers.
Joe Bob
The evilone is correct...not chrome, silver powder coat. Just like my 964 wheels were. The powder fills a LOT of crevasses so they don't need to be baby butt smoothe to look good.
LvSteveH
If I recall, the guy posted the wheels on the Bird Board, for something around $550 and someone quickly snapped them up. Well, the seller decided he sold them too cheap, and jacked it up a bunch. So, as you said, only in person, and I'd stick around the price he originally offered them for.
turboman808
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Jun 3 2006, 11:41 AM) *

So, as you said, only in person, and I'd stick around the price he originally offered them for.

Yeah I really don't trust the guy at all after reading his post. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a crack in them and he didn't bother to tell anyone. Very shady person.

I could see me driving up there to get them and he suddenly wants 200 more. Then I might lose my cool as they say ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.