Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 oil temp wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
galto
Where in the world does that little green wire go?
I did a rebuild and I was 'sure' I would remember that, but I have failed, anyone help me, perfer w/ some pics!

Thanks everyone. I would like to get my guages working right, seeing as they are there in that expensive center console.

Thanks!
scruz914
Click to view attachment

I assume you want to know where it goes on the engine. The wire winds its way from inside the engine compartment down through a hole in the tin (passenger side), across the engine mounting bar to a thing called the taco plate (see photo). The connection on the taco plate is inside the hole and kind of hard to see.

There should/might be a plastic covered push-on connector at the end of the wire that comes out of the hole in the tin. This end connects to the same color wire (grn/blk) coming out of the harnes,s which originates at the gauge.

Do a search for "taco plate AND oil temp sender" for more information. Oh, and let me be the first to welcome you to the Club.

-Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(galto @ Jun 3 2006, 01:25 AM) *

I did a rebuild and I was 'sure' I would remember that

from the main harness plug, just under the battery tray, to the "taco" plate on the bottom of the motor, front drivers side ...

and btw. the wire is green with a black stripe ...
smile.gif Andy
wertygrog
hijacked.gif

My '74 came with the center console from the factory, but the temp gauge does not seem to register the oil temp correctly. The guage zeroes just fine when the car is turned on (flicks up a bit), but does not go up as the engine warms up.....could this be faulty wiring, or a bad temp sender? Could I apply a voltage to the sender wire to see if the guage is working correctly? If so are we talking somewhere between 0 and 1V?

O BTW welcome.png

brent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.