Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
thomasotten
I just bought a carpet kit off Ebay. It was a little over $100. Plush, black style. Well, the problem is this. My original carpet had vinyl edge stitching around almost every piece. This set only has stiching around the two main floor board pieces. Is there any way that could possibly be how some of the original cars came, or did I get screwed? Also, the foot pad they sowed in looks cheesy as heck. Who makes decent carpet sets???

Ebay Link
Porsche Rescue
Factory carpets had stitched binding only around the 4 floor pieces. The edges of the side pieces and the center tunnel are not visible when correctly installed and did not need such a finish.
Not sure they would be any better than yours, but Original Fit makes good quality kits at a similar price. Material is not a direct match for original but fine for a non-show car. Probably the best source for something equal to or close to original is Autos International, but more money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.