Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Help Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
Almost done back dating my bumpers to chrome ones and need to mount the fog lights.

First, If I drill into the stock location, how do you get a nut or bolt back into the factory location? Seems REALLY tight to get under/behind the headlight buckets...

Next question is how to open the foglights up? I tried twisting the halves, but mabne these are just old and really sealed up... Any info on how they open would be great. I need to run some new wires to them and don't want to destroy them to get them open.

Thanks,
Jason
r_towle
I think there is a welded bung in there...so good luck on that one...

the lights..
glass facing down...behind the black trim ring, you will see little metal spring steel clips. these get pryed out on the longer end, gentle and put you hand over it,,,they shoot out pretty far...

Take off the four retainers and the black ring and glass come off.

Rich
D1A3
Thanks for the help on getting them open, I'll try that in the morning.

Regarding the mount, the steel is smooth on both sides and there is no welded nut, stamping... No room either for a hand or really anything to get back in there even if I drill a hole. Bumpers are on, but no fog lights yet, this sucks...
will
QUOTE(D1A3 @ Jun 3 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Almost done back dating my bumpers to chrome ones and need to mount the fog lights.

First, If I drill into the stock location, how do you get a nut or bolt back into the factory location? Seems REALLY tight to get under/behind the headlight buckets...

Next question is how to open the foglights up? I tried twisting the halves, but mabne these are just old and really sealed up... Any info on how they open would be great. I need to run some new wires to them and don't want to destroy them to get them open.

Thanks,
Jason

the stock round fog lights just twist off. it might be stuck due to dirt and other debris but try spraying wd-40. I did this to my fog light and waited 10 minutes then put on a good mechanic's glove and twist it off. Fairly easy process....I hope this helps... biggrin.gif
boxstr
First thing is take the bumper back off so you can drill the hole for a blind nut.
A thread was posted a while back with pics on backdating bumpers, includes the blind nut answer, find that and all of your questions will be answered.
Try this http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=8404&st=0
Craig
D1A3
Ahhhh..... The everalsting "old school bumper" thread... Going now to try and source "Riv-Nuts."

Also, thanks Will! I thought they should just twist off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.