Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting Weber Float Levels, the really easy way.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Those that have the triple throat Weber carbs know how much fun it is to set the float levels using the PMO level gauge. The engine is running, getting hot and you have to drain fuel several times while changing the needle/seat washers and there is a good chance of a fire. Today I rigged up a clear poly tubing stand pipe up to the top of our front deck, about 9 feet abouve the driveway level and hooked it to the carb inlet with the pressure gauge. when I filled the tube, the pressure came to about 3.25 pounds which is pretty close to what I run (3.5#). One carb was okay and the other took some washer switching but no chance of a fire or draining fuel onto hot headers. Since water gives about 0.5 pound for each foot of height and gas is just a tad less dense I used 9 feet and got the correct pressure. To make sure the needle would reseat I sloshed some gas out the PMO float gauges and watched them resettle to the correct height.
Rusty
This sounds cool... but it's a bit vague in my mind. Got pics? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.