Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nailed: See my other important thread here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=53106

Just in case you missed it, I nailed this one, so it will stay at the top of the messages list until someone rents a truck, and comes to pick up my car.

I expect to have one of you lucky winners restore my car, for free.

Right now though, just make it run, and I won't have to get really mad.

Thanks,

smash.gif stay! smash.gif

I NAILED YOU! STOP IT!

sheeplove.gif
redshift
Nailed!
redshift
It seems to be staying at the top now, so I will go away for a few minutes, and you guys figure it out.

I'll be back.

M
redshift
Oh man.. it won't stay up there!

NoooooooO!!

sheeplove.gif
redshift
Look, we all know this isn't really nailed, I am just bumping it up to the top every thirty seconds..

I just need attention.

Hold me..

M
iamchappy
Miles your not the only one with car that just sits there, some of us have gotten used to having a 914 for a garage or lawn ornament. 914's are to be seen not heard.
The non running 914 club membership is the majority not the minority.

Join the non running 914 club.

Member list starts add here:

1-Miles
2-Chappy
3-Qarl
4-Bork
5-Rick Alien
redshift
huh.gif FINALLY!

No! I can't! I have to make it move first, then I can park it!

It's only a mile away... I walked here! DAMNED CAR!

I am going to hotwire the pump... if I can figure out how to do that...

-blows up self- I hope the pump works!

M smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Jun 3 2006, 09:48 PM) *

I am going to hotwire the pump... if I can figure out how to do that...
if it's D-Jet, look at my thread about the carb pump jumper in the classics ...
just leave the FI connector on the relay board and add a ground wire on that pin..

that'll make your pump run as soon as you turn on the key ...
smile.gif Andy
iamchappy
Pull fuel pump relay out and jump terminals with a short wire until the pump starts, drive to a nice lawn ornament spot in the yard turn off car and disconnect jumper wire, go to bed...... Admire your ornament in the morning...
GWN7
Push it home...there are no hills there and you have been putting on weight lately.....Oh I have a brick of 3 yr old white chedar...the kind that makes the hair stand up on your tounge
redshift
The relay is good, what if my board went dumb?

The (black?) wire broke off the coil. Is that the tach? (I think)

Someone tried to help me in mostly dark.

I hate you Bruce, I should have you deported.

Thanks guys... (except for Bruce, of course)..

M
ThinAir
I just had a similar experience. Fuel pump wouldn't do a thing. I tried a known good relay and it didn't change anything. I had power on both sides of the fuse on the relay board, but no power on the positive lead at the pump. Today I figured out that the relay board went bad on me. Fortunately I've got another that I could put in place to make sure.

If the relay board is bad, then I doubt that a jumper in place of the relay will do you any good. A couple of years ago I had a similar problem and I just disconnected the positive lead on the pump and ran a wire directly to the battery to get me home. When I got there I shut off the engine, then disconnected the wire.
redshift
I just remembered that when I installed new relays, the pump wouldn't work for some reason, but it would work with a test relay I shimmed.. until I seated the new one a hundred times.

I think I know what it is... thanks guys.. I can't sleep... I hope my car is ok..

Come home, sweetie!

M
VegasRacer
Maybe you're outta gas?
JPB
Operator error. Could have been worse, ya could have had a hot Swedish chic with ya and looked like a you know what .

Gint
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 4 2006, 06:15 AM) *

Operator error. Could have been worse, ya could have had a hot Swedish chic with ya and looked like a you know what .

You must still have that "bad gas" in the bottom of the tank and got down to that point was again. LOL

Sorry Miles...

un-nailed
Eric_Shea
nailed...

I'm betting on the bad gas thing. Especially with that brick of aged cheddar. In fact, I'm certain Miles has bad gas. wink.gif
redshift
I can't have all the bad gas, what would you BAGS be full of...

oops.. that's right... sheep dip!

sheeplove.gif
GWN7
As I'm being deported anyways.......guess what I had for breckfast? A cake donut with cinnamon and sugar coating. Then I got in my Running 914 and drove to work. hahahahaha....
Aaron Cox
thats cold B
GWN7
I live in a igloo what do you expect ? wink.gif
Howard
Miles, have you checked for this? Seems to be a rash of blue gloving going on.
redshift
lol Howard!

Actually, I found a tube of KY in my fuel tank.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.