Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OIL TEMPERATURE GAUGES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hartmann
I just installed a combo gauge, the one that has the oil temperature gauge built in, into my 914. Does anyone know at what temperature the oil is when the needle hits the RED mark?

Also, I still have a VDO oil temp gauge with degree marks in my console. They both give a reading, however does anyone know if the oil temp sensor is the same for the stock gauge and the VDO degree gauge?
LvSteveH
Depending on the gauge you have, you should be able to look at the lines on the gauge, then follow the line to the left and look at an angle where the line goes into the gauge. It should have the temp in celsius in VERY small writing. I think the first line is 190f (8 o'clock), the 2nd is 240f (9 o'clock), and the red is around 300f. That's from memory. Check the bird board to verify.

Just a note, you should really confirm the temp of the engine with an infra/laser temp on the oil filter or the sump to ensure the gauge and sender are on the same sheet of music.
Hartmann
Thanks Steve - I will take a good close look at the gauge. RH

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Jun 4 2006, 11:58 PM) *

Depending on the gauge you have, you should be able to look at the lines on the gauge, then follow the line to the left and look at an angle where the line goes into the gauge. It should have the temp in celsius in VERY small writing. I think the first line is 190f (8 o'clock), the 2nd is 240f (9 o'clock), and the red is around 300f. That's from memory. Check the bird board to verify.

Just a note, you should really confirm the temp of the engine with an infra/laser temp on the oil filter or the sump to ensure the gauge and sender are on the same sheet of music.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.