Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking forward..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
My screen saver at work.....looking forward to driving up this . Book says elevation at top is 11,240 ft; how far does the road go ?
olav
To Infinity
Aaron Cox
and beyond!
jim_hoyland
smoke.gif
Allan
Good thing you're running FI...
jim_hoyland
I'll be riding with someone else; flying in. But I'll check first... unsure.gif
retrotech
There are some incredable drives in this area of the NW. I hope some of you will drive to the Colombia River Gorge. Its 60 miles from Portland. My place is on Historic Highway Route 30. This is a picture of just one af the many sections. I hope to see some 914's ripping it up. Its a favorite ride for performance motorcycles, many car commercials shot here, and my daily "therapy" drive.

jim_hoyland
I' coming up the 6th; would really like to go for a "spin" up there. Anyone who has some extra time, I'll buy lunch- beerchug.gif
olav
What's the altitude there?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 5 2006, 08:18 AM) *

Top is 11.4
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 5 2006, 08:07 AM) *

Top is 11.4

hijacked.gif
Jim,
you need to plan a trip to CO (rrc?) driving.gif
This pic was taken at 13,000 feet. The road continues on to 14,000 feet, and the mountain top you see in the background. It is the highest paved road in North America. Here a few more PICS
cassidy_bolger
The road goes to Timberline Lodge, about 5,000 ft. Downtown Portland is below 100 ft. and is 1.5 to 2 hours away - depending on your route.

Be warned - Mt. Hood is a volcano.

see y'all soon.

jimtab
Volcanos are our friends...without them there would be no Hawaii.... wub.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(jimtab @ Jun 5 2006, 06:51 PM) *

Yuppers agree.gif and I jes' got back from the oldest island bootyshake.gif (hula)

...b
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jun 5 2006, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 5 2006, 08:07 AM) *

Top is 11.4

hijacked.gif
Jim,
you need to plan a trip to CO (rrc?) driving.gif
This pic was taken at 13,000 feet. The road continues on to 14,000 feet, and the mountain top you see in the background. It is the highest paved road in North America. Here a few more PICS

Greg, Great pics. I'm surprised the 4-cyclinder engine can go up that high. Last time I visited CO was in Summer. Stayed in Keystone and drove all over the place--really spectacular.

TROJANMAN
and you'll notice the 3 that made it to the top were all big bumper cars biggrin.gif Gint's 73 got left at 12,000 feet.
jim_hoyland
If I win the raffle, I'll come down through CO..right behind Gint beerchug.gif

After looking at the picture, maybe not headbang.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jun 5 2006, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Jun 5 2006, 06:51 PM) *

Yuppers agree.gif and I jes' got back from the oldest island bootyshake.gif (hula)

...b

Mmmmmmm Kauai, hula heiau, Nipali coast....fresh Ono....Portugese sausage with eggs and 2 scoup rice bruddah...aaaaah.... smiley_notworthy.gif
Bruce Allert
Da Bruddah speaks well of the only island that still has beaches available with no one around. Just got back & can't wait till next years 2 weeks.

......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.