Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hi all,

Starting to put the final touches to the motor before finally putting it back in there. At this point, my patience has started to wear just a -little- thin. Can someone tell me, or point me in the right direction of a simple diagram, that explains what the 12 pin cable from the relay baord is connected to? I looked over the wiring diagram briefly, but it quickly became a blur of lines and rapidly degenerated into a mass of incomprehensible scribbles. I know, I know, step back and read it when the brain is clearer... But I really want to get this done in the next couple days....

Just a list of what the pigtail plugs into?

Oh yeah... '74 2.0L...

Any help?

Thanks!

-Josh2
Dr Evil
For your 74 I went to PP and looked at their diagram:
12 pin connector on relay board
1- Oil pressure switch
2-reverse light switch on tranny
3- (Nothing)
4- Other side of reverse light switch on tranny
5- Tach signal
6- Starter solinoid
7- KO power to the coil
8, 9, 10, 11- (Nothing)
12- Power to the AAR
jhadler
Thanks Doc!!!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

-Josh2
Dave_Darling
I think that two of the pins on the relay board get jumpered to each other, in order to send power to the heater blower. The jumper is technically part of the wiring harness...

--DD
jhadler
Thanks DD,

Seeing that I'll be running headers, I doubt that I'll need to worry about plugging in that blower... Unless I can figure out how to discretely plug it into the intake plenum.... I wonder how much boost I can get out of it??? happy11.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-Josh2
Dr Evil
yup, AAR, heater blower and fuel pump area all interconnected via the circuit board as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.