Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New (4-legged) addition to the Grimstead Family
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
His name is (Black)Jack and he is a pure blood Labrador Retriever. Jack was named after my Wife's Father, for some reason the kids thought it would be funny when they get the two (puppy & Grandad) in the same room: "Jack, get off the couch!", "Jack, don't pee on the floor!". biggrin.gif

Judging by the size of his paws, I'm pretty sure when he's full grown I'll be able to ride him to work. He is fitting in with the family really well (he likes to lay around and watch TV) and as with all small children, everything he gets goes in his mouth.
So.Cal.914
Why can't they stay puppys. Good face, he looks intelligent.
Aaron Cox
very nice! and the fun begins!

how's he like the new "grass" ?

ill come by sometime this week to check the new pup out smile.gif
Alison Baker
He is Beautiful.Here's my puppy her name is Katiya
lapuwali
Full grown lab boys can approach 100lbs. Most are usually only 80-ishlbs, though. Not quite in the same league as our two Great Danes, who can easily grab stuff off the kitchen counter with all four feet on the ground, or off the top of the fridge with the two back feet on the ground.

Dogs are good, except when they're bad...
elwood-914
Dang.....I love pets...they always are glad to see you and love you unconditonally.
Great addition clap56.gif
Grimstead
Thanks for the comments, we are kinda fond of him as well wub.gif

AC: You are always welcome, you know that. The fake lawn in the dog run is doing okay but that side of the house gets direct sun from 11ish to 5ish this time of year and isn't as cool to the touch as the rest of the lawn. Right now, Jack is only out there till I get home for lunch but we still put a cover over part of it to help with the heat but I'm thinking about a misting system on a timer as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.