Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 throttle body gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Hey all, Im comptenplating having a batch of 100 throttle body gaskets made up. Just trying to gauge how much interest there is here. They will be cheap, mainly doing it to try to provide a service for the club here. I need a good old one if some one can send me to provide a templet. Soon as I get the templet out, turn around time is approxametly 2 weeks.

Thanks for your interest.
StratPlayer
Count me in,,, I need 1 and another for a spare.
JeffBowlsby
I would buy a handful Tod. I may be able to scrounge up a used one, but it will take me awile, so consider me only as a back-up.
McMark
Can't someone skilled (MUELLER!) just measure the plenum or TB and get close enough? It's just a cone shape.
Rand
If you get some paper gasket material, hold it to the bottom of the throttle body, and mash your thumb good and hard at all the edges, it will make enough of a mark in the paper for you to see and cut out with scissors. That's how I made a gasket for mine. Works fine. Any reason someone thinks that's a bad idea?
jd66921
Wanna do any 1.8 TB gaskets? I'll make you atemplate!!!

tod914
nothing wrong with that rand.. the cost of these per unit is cheap... thats why i suggested it. maybe ill try your suggestion for the templet.
Rand
Cool. You'll be saving people some time and headaches. smilie_pokal.gif
type47
don't know if this helps but...

rjames
I'd buy one...
tod914
Ok, soon as I get one to send out to the manufacture I'll have them made up and get back to you on pricing etc. Just want to make sure nothing changes price wise until they get to look at the gasket.

Thanks,

Tod
Cap'n Krusty
Why? They're still available from the dealer. The Cap'n
tod914
Cpt they have been NLA for sometime. The batch I had made up just came in for those interested.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56278

Reply to the link provided thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.