Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who has done there own interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Just curious because I kinda suck at it biggrin.gif

I seemed to think this was gonna be easy but not so. It's not to bad just don't want anyone to look to close
jd74914
Do you mean recovering the seats, or just putting new carpet in and stuff?
TonyAKAVW
I haven't done an entire interior, but I've done the following and found it pretty easy.

* installed new carpet - easy but I messed up one piece a little

* replaced the dash pad - easy, lots of hard-to-get-to plastic nuts

* Recovered dash face and top (area beneath the windshield) - a pretty decent amount of labor, but not hard. gotta be careful when gluing down the new material though

* Upholstered a sub-woofer. I built a box to put between the seats and made a vinyl cover. Had to sew two seams by hand, wasn't bad.

-Tony
turboman808
trying to replace all the carpet with leather. The floors and pedal boards were easy. Now gluing down the leather is turning out to be a real chore. It's ok for now. At some point it would be nice to get it done profesionaly though.

The wall behind the dash is the hardest part. I haven't done behind the seats because I need more leather. That should be easy though.

See the floor and pedals was easy. Not I am covering everything exposed with leather
So.Cal.914
Is this one of those "because I can" things, or is there a reason you are doing the

floors with leather?
watsonrx13
Hey Tony, when you recovered the dash top, behind the windshield, did you have the original piece and just transfer it to the new material, or did you have to create a new template?

-- Rob
TonyAKAVW
When I took the piece out it ripped up. The important thing to do is actually take out the dash itself. Its a lot of work to get it out and more to get it back in, but thats pretty much the way to do it. When the dash is out you can trace out a rough pattern onto the material. I just cut larger than I needed sprayed on glue and put them together. I then trimmed the rest. I actually had to do it twice because I messed up the first time. And I'm going to have to do it again because I used felt that isn't UV safe, and the black has now turned a faded blackish-greenish. Its not horrible, but a bit dissapointing.

-Tony
turboman808
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 5 2006, 04:44 PM) *

Is this one of those "because I can" things, or is there a reason you are doing the

floors with leather?

NO not the floors. You see I put down renline and Engman floors and pedal boards. But the sides and rear I am doing in leather. I started on the underside of the dash tonight. It's mostly covered by the pedal boards so I didn't worry to much about it being perfect. I also started on the center console but thats gonna take a bit of time. I have to unbolt the brake balance and shifter to get it layed down nice.
nomore9one4
I did mine, but I have done hundreds of others too dry.gif If you got questions I got answers! burnout.gif
Steve Thacker
Done my own and you can do it also. And yes it can be done without cuss'in. I'm not the one to ask how. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.