Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Post, First 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yesterdays_Fish
Hello everyone. I'm new to the board and for a very good reason. I'm the proud owner of my first 914. A 1971 1.7 L. There are some pics below, but I wanted to thank mudfoot76 and jmargush for their very valuable input and patience. Guys, thanks for helping out a newbie.

IPB Image

IPB Image
So.Cal.914
Nice car and Welcome.
KELTY360
welcome.png

Nice looking first teener except the tires are on the pavement. You'll reduce tire wear if you can find some way to get them up in the air. Enjoy.
grasshopper
welcome.png looks like a nice 914. agree.gif get that thing up on jackstands to save your tires.
drewvw

good looking car ...score!

welcome.png
BigDBass
Very nice looking car.
welcome.png
Whatever you do,
DO NOT LET THAT CAR ANYWHERE NEAR JACKSTANDS!
GWN7
Hello and welcome beerchug.gif
Trevorg7
Welcome

welcome.png

T
Stieve
welcome.png
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Jun 6 2006, 12:09 AM) *

Welcome

welcome.png

T

I like it better than mine, drive it till it stops
nbscooters
im jealous because that paint looks too nice.
Nor.Cal.914
Woah dude sick car man! Fricken knarly dude that shit is sick! aktion035.gif Keep it clean wink.gif Thanks
-Chris
Nor.Cal.914
Doh! headbang.gif How could I forget . . . welcome.png aktion035.gif Enjoy yourself! thumb3d.gif Thanks
-Chris
Yesterdays_Fish
The paint is deceptive. Up close, it looks entirely different. The PO repainted it and from the looks like it, did in his driveway. There are places where bugs landed in the wet paint and walked around in it. Not to mention the lady bug permanantly entombed in the paint on the fender. It's not a bad starting point for the future though.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

-YF
DEC
welcome.png
JerryP
welcome.png

I was in Indy this past weekend. Kept my eyes open for teeners but didn't see any. Got in some golf at the Brickyard though.
tdgray
Nice looking car. Welcome.

Is that a later bumper on the front?

I don't remember when BT's first started but I thought it was 72-73?
Steve Thacker
Greetings and welcome to the troop. welcome.png
Stieve
Just noticed no front side lights, I like it that way better, I would add the Euro lenses
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Stieve @ Jun 6 2006, 12:25 AM) *

welcome.png
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Jun 6 2006, 12:09 AM) *

Welcome

welcome.png

welcome.png
msglaigaie
Welcome to the (non)club. Has anyone mentioned that the black paint affords a seven to ten percent increase in horsepower?? You have a very nice looking vehicle. MSG L
GTeener
thumb3d.gif nice car!
welcome.png
Eric_Shea
welcome.png
mudfoot76
I was quite happy to be able to help out, and I'm glad that you decided to join us in our asylum.

Now that you have the car, we must go and drive driving.gif burnout.gif

Don't worry about the jackstands for now, there is that thing we have here called winter. Your teener can hibernate on jackstands in the garage later, now is the time on Sprockets when we drive.

Indy area people -- who's up for an impromptu gathering?
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Jun 7 2006, 11:29 PM) *

Indy area people -- who's up for an impromptu gathering?

Sounds like a great idea! Where and when?

I've had delusions of being able to drive to the WI/IL gathering -a bit far for my current confidence level. But Indy - that's more like it for my level of readiness.
Gint
Looks like a decent 914 start to me. Welcome to the club!
Nor.Cal.914
Show us some close ups of that ladybug av-943.gif Sounds pretty sweet haha. Thanks
-Chris
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Jun 8 2006, 08:04 AM) *

Sounds like a great idea! Where and when?

That is the question of the hour. Next weekend perhaps (June 17-18)? I guess it kind of depends on when the new owner is available.

I was planning on making a run out to Putnam Park and watch some other people I know who are driving in the Kentucky Region PCA lapping event on that Saturday, weather permitting. There are some nice roads out in that part of the state too...

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Yesterdays_Fish
I'm out of town on the 16-18. I did get to drive the car a little bit last week. It doesn't like to idle. So there's another thing to put on the list of things to investigate. I'd be up for meeting up the following weekend.
KaptKaos
welcome.png

Nice car!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 6 2006, 08:44 AM) *

Nice looking car. Welcome.

Is that a later bumper on the front?

I don't remember when BT's first started but I thought it was 72-73?

BT's started in '73, so it is a later bumper. But looks like a great "starter 914"!
Joe Bob
That Monza/ANSA exhaust..shit can it before the rust spreads to the rest of the car.....

BTW, nice score.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Yesterdays_Fish @ Jun 10 2006, 08:54 PM) *

I'm out of town on the 16-18. I did get to drive the car a little bit last week. It doesn't like to idle. So there's another thing to put on the list of things to investigate. I'd be up for meeting up the following weekend.

That's too bad, this weekend is the last free one for me for about a month.

If the weather holds, I'll be out and about this weekend. If your plans fall through let me know...and Doug, if you are still up for a drive, just let me know (that goes for any of the Indy area people...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.