Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fugly 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Got this mailed to me....its from one of those ugly car sites . This is it's best side
thesey914
and now for the horror.... "Hmm, I'll get a canoe and saw it in half and staple them to the side of my 914" laugh.gif
netwolf232
NO!
Scott Carlberg
me either, HOLY CRAP ohmy.gif
Mueller
i want to know what is that sticking out of the engine compartment ????? blink.gif
thesey914
I thought it looked like a super charger.....I particularly like the EIGHT pipes cool_shades.gif

I forgot the interior shot....Note the NOS bottle
Curvie Roadlover
hands down, the ugliest 914 EVER icon8.gif
VegasRacer
PLEASE tell me you photoshopped it and nobody really built that barf.gif
Kerrys914
My GOD headbang.gif

I know it's you car and you can do what you want with them...BUT.... headbang.gif

IT's funny how some people get all worked up over the rear reflecter add-on.. smile.gif Compared to this it's not so bad.

Also, isn't the intake coming out the engine grille ment to face forward? Assuming there is a big V8 in there nut I am sure it's for looks. Speaking of looks, I love how they added everything from the Pepboys "RICE" isle for the interior.

CHeers what a great way to start the week.. icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif
jwade
That's not a NOS bottle, it's a POS bottle! laugh.gif

john
thesey914
HAHAHAHa agree.gif
rhodyguy
i do like the interior tho. it would look great in a silver car!!! humm. old style washington plates.

kevin
markb
That's just wrong!
Joe Bob
Good work on lining up the front hood and fenders..... blink.gif
TeamAxisRacing
wow all that cars interior needs is a chain steering wheel and cheech driving it laugh.gif
Dave Blackburn
My favorite is the Cobra head shift knob!!!!
The lion decal is very similar to the Peugeot logo??
Dave
Kerrys914
I just noticed the vinyl (SNAP ON) targa top.. barf.gif

I bet that thing leaks like some, hu?
More more...I need more photo's icon8.gif barf.gif

Cheers
Kerry
Queenie
QUOTE(Dave Blackburn @ Sep 29 2003, 07:28 AM)
My favorite is the Cobra head shift knob!!!!

Is that what that is? I thought it was a wad of balled-up aluminum foil.
siverson
Now he just needs to powdercoat the suspension pieces red... smile.gif

-Steve
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Va914 @ Sep 29 2003, 03:54 AM)
Also, isn't the intake coming out the engine grille ment to face forward? Assuming there is a big V8 in there nut I am sure it's for looks.

I bet there is a V8 in there for a couple of reasons. 1st there is 8 exhaust pipes which, although rediculous, I have seen before on Camaros and Corvettes. Second, yes the intake is facing the wrong direction, BUT, there is a roof scoop with piping to the base, so I think he has fabricated something for forced air. Also why the hell have those HUGE slicks in the back if you can't even get them to turn with a 4-banger. While I don't think that the car is very attractive, I think it is a purpose-built racecar, and I betcha it wins races. Someone on this board MUST know whos car this is.

-Chris
Qarl
How much you wanna bet that the guy that owns this restaurant owns (owned) the car...

http://www.grandcouleedam.com/lapresa/aboutus.html

It is in Grand Coulee, Washington. The owner of the restaurant matches the name on the license plate.

Good detective work, huh?
Qarl
Check out the side view mirrors... hey buddy they're crooked?
seanery
I like that site Karl, 61 visitors since April 2002. Probably half of them from here LOL!
madd_dogg_914
It's up to 65 now. 65 and counting . . .

I must say too, DAMN good detective work. I am halfway tempted to call and ask.

-Chris
Qarl
I say you guys have your next Northwest 914 meet there and freak the guy out! Fill his parking lot with 914s.

He'll get all excited and drive his over and everyone can laugh!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Red-Beard
eeew
seanery
ninefourteener
QUOTE(kellzey @ Sep 29 2003, 09:47 AM)
I say you guys have your next Northwest 914 meet there and freak the guy out! Fill his parking lot with 914s.

Oh now that is just wrong---LOL

C'mon now.... that poor guy has probably put COUNTLESS hours of work into that "car", and is probably quite proud of it.

Personally, I'd rather be drug from a rope, behind the car, that to have someone seeing me drive it....

But... it's his car...... I think he needs some bouncie-bouncie hydros to make the "conversion" complete

beerchug.gif
biosurfer1
the worst part is that he actually had a probably very nice 914 and butchered it like that, makes me sad barf.gif
ninefourteener
Found a cool site with lots of stuff like this... no teeners though:

http://openmonkey.com/dave/cars.html
ninefourteener
this was my favorite--LOL
redshift
heh that is exactly what Djet used to look like to me.

M
TeamAxisRacing
jesus i wonder what all those gauges are for. i wonder if its monitoring the air conditioning, like ambient temp, inlet temp and out. is it me or does it look like theres 3 potential shift knobs? wtf is that for confused24.gif
Bleyseng
There is no way I am driving to Grand Coolee, Wa. as It's in the middle of nowhere!!! BTDT

Hey, on second thought maybe I can convince Monique, we should go to see the Grand Coolee. lol

(she loves Chinese jokes)

Geoff
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Sep 29 2003, 09:47 AM)

Karl, you are too funny!
151 visitors now. The guy's probably wondering why the newfound interest in the website?
rhodyguy
you guys are a tough bunch. all else aside imagine it with the lights up. the g.c. is an interesting area. the north cascades hiway is a fine road. western wa there and back would be a tiring drive in one day.

kevin
jnp914
I didn't know Revell was doing 1:1.
Chris H.
QUOTE(jnp914 @ Sep 30 2003, 05:39 AM)

LOL! I like the "you can drive with handcuffs on if you have to" steering wheel!
thesey914
QUOTE(jnp914 @ Sep 30 2003, 05:39 AM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Heh.....But at least he managed to not get modelling glue all over the cockpit glass so you can't see the pilot inside. And the decals are straight
redshift
I'll bet you'd be suprised to know it started out as a Plymouth Voyager.

M
seanery
I heard it was a Fiero with a bodykit!!
914turboford
I must admit I like those rear box flares, especially if those vents really are functional. I must admit the headlights look stupid and the goofy red interior touches are hideous but I really don't hink it is all that bad. Of course, I tend to appreciate anything custom because you can tell someone was thinking (apparently this guy did some of his thinking while high or is just color blind, I'll admit).
redshift
QUOTE(914turboford @ Sep 30 2003, 04:49 PM)
blah blah blah blah blah....

(apparently this guy did some of his thinking while high or is just color blind, I'll admit).

Aren't you the guy with the sideways Ford?

Ok.

SHADUP!

wink.gif

M
dbledsoe
I was in Washington state a while back, I notice this 14 is from Washington. My partner and I rented a couple of motel rooms that someone had stolen the heating/air conditioner unit appearance covers from (you know the kind that usually sit below the front window of the motel room). I wonder if it was this guy? His rear fenders look just like the missing heating/air conditioner unit appearance covers. barf.gif
Red-Beard
 The Aroma of Sizzling Fajita's and Fresh Vegetables Tempts
your pallet as you enter La Presa's Authentic Mexican Restaurant ...

Hmmmm. I usually try to leave my pallet in the garage, as my girlfriend gets upset when I bring them into the house. I'm not sure what she would say if mine was tempted into the restaurant.

James
redshift
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Sep 30 2003, 06:45 PM)
Hmmmm. I usually try to leave my pallet in the garage, as my girlfriend gets upset when I bring them into the house. I'm not sure what she would say if mine was tempted into the restaurant.

James

ROFLMAO

m
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 29 2003, 09:05 AM)
Now he just needs to powdercoat the suspension pieces red... smile.gif

-Steve

agree.gif
lol- dont let brad read that! laugh.gif
Mike T
I think I know where He got that body kit... unsure.gif

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/PORSCHE914.html

Mike T
URY914
Thier from AIR (American International Racing) in LA. The IMSA Altec/Lancing car had them.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.