Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I broke it....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
so everything was working fine and I decided to take a bottle of simply green and a handful of brushes to clean out my engine bay. It is now very clean and sanitary.
Unfortunately since then my starter will not crank when I turn the key. I have verified it is getting power and it does turn over when I jump the poles at the solenoid. Is there a connector down there I am not seeing thats now crammed up with greasy crud or what do I need to look at first? by the way , the car will start by pushing in gear, thats how I got it home...
JoeSharp
Check your grounds.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
So.Cal.914
Did you clean below engine bay? If so check to see if you might have knocked off the small wire (paddle connector) on starter, if not check to see if the grunge that
you cleaned from the top might have infiltrated your solonoid.
geniusanthony
i only have a fraction of volt coming through that paddle connector at solenoid...should that be rigth...
good connectivity between regulaor plate to end of paddle connector check, voltage at starter check
ground is solid at tranny to power lines....check

i am lost short of pulling the starter, did i mention that when warm it usually works 100 percent, by warm i mean engine run recently
Dr Evil
Check your 12 pin connector (on the right) on the circuit board. If you got water in there it will short the pins for the start circuit. You might as well just disconnect all fo the plugs on the board and make sure they are dry and happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.