Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday's AX at Mineral Wells
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Sunday at Mineral Wells saw 15 914s running for the AX there. This was NOT planned in any way, they all just showed up.

So much for the Cali contingent who have to plan to get 6 guys to show up in their 914s for an AX. poke.gif

And Kudos to Travis Howard. We had an engineering casualty. JR's neighbor (Mike?) had his motor let go in his 74 2.0 on his first run. Travis had trailered his 914 to the event. He let Mike drive his car home, and he put Mike's 914 on the trailer and took to all the way to Wes Hildreth's shop in Plano for him.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
jr91472
Absolutely. You beat me to it Clay.

I had been bragging to Mike about how great the 914 community here was, and everyone completely filled the bill. Travis trailered the stricken 2.0 about an hour and half out of his way. You rock buddy!!! aktion035.gif

Also to be mentioned is that Betty provided valuable instruction to Mike in my car after his went down. Saving what would have been a pretty wasted and empty trip. Instead, he came home completely stoked. driving.gif

So we dropped it off at Wes' and (of course) he there on Sunday. Hopefully we will have a diagnosis by mid week.

So thanks again to this great community for taking care of my buddy and new/first time 914 owner.

woohoo pray.gif

Betty
Instructing was my pleasure! I am always glad to help introduce a new person to the joys of autocrossing! Mike did spectacularly for his very first autocross! smilie_pokal.gif

Mike also rode along with me for two runs (I was just happy somebody wanted to ride with me, my car is sooo slow compared to the other guys). I think I may have freaked him out when I started taking a hand off the wheel during the runs to point out important cones and gates, telling him what I was doing the whole time, telling him "watch my feet as I'm downshifting for this corner"... biggrin.gif

I could tell he was HOOKED when I heard him say afterwards "I don't care about what it costs to fix the engine, I just want to race now!". driving.gif Don't let Wes hear that though.... biggrin.gif

Betty
Yep, Travis is one of the absolute best!!!! We already knew that.

He rocks so hard he rolls!!!!! aktion035.gif burnout.gif

piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
The Texas 914 contingent has always been strong!

I laugh here in San Deigo when we get 4-5 914's. The Bay area "used" to get 10-12, but that area is more of a "concourse" area than a race area for 914's. It was semi difficult getting people out in there cars.

Glad to hear the turnout was awesome. Always good to see new people/new faces showing up to the events.

The Qualcomm parking lot here in SD is similar to MineralW with 1.9 miles "AutoX's"

B
turboman808
you know 914s are the only older car you consistintly see at the autox. got to beat these younger cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.