Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle body boring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agrump
I'm building a megasquirted 2270 and would like to get my D-jet 2.0 throttle body opened up to 50mm. Where can I get this done for a decent price?

Thanks,

Dean
Brad Roberts
Dean,

Call HPH in Redwood City. He had some on the shelf the last time I checked. He will do an exchange with you (if he has them)

650-364-6234

B
botoo
I have an unmodified 1.7 . Would it increase power any and/or cause any problems to bore out the throttle body? It seems to me that is the most restrictive passageway in the intake system.

Any thoughts about this?
Bleyseng
QUOTE(botoo @ Jun 6 2006, 03:38 PM) *

I have an unmodified 1.7 . Would it increase power any and/or cause any problems to bore out the throttle body? It seems to me that is the most restrictive passageway in the intake system.

Any thoughts about this?

Waste of time on a 1.7L with those tiny valves. Now, if you was running 2.0L heads and a different cam with some HD springs maybe that would free up 1 hp or 2....

Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(botoo @ Jun 6 2006, 03:38 PM) *

Any thoughts about this?

yes ...

stock motor? waste of time and money ...
do a search here, you'll dig up tons of info on the subject.

short version: there is no substancial intake restriction on a stock motor. if you want some free HP, open up the exhaust side instead ...

smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.