Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLC (Salt Lake City) BBQ!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
Here's the deal Gang,

July 5th "looks" like the day for all points South and East to meet in SLC for the leg to Portland and WCC06.

Party on the Patio at the Shea's. Who's in?

jsharp.gif

Roll Call

Ferg and Rosie
Gint and Shar
Joe and Luckie
Turtlegirl
Mike and Rosie (unless it's his 'friend' Waide again)
Ed (Hawktel)
Jim (Stratplayer) and the lovely wife he's lucky to have!
"Not" John - He(athen) will be traveling in the wrong direction!
Gint
Prett sure I'm in provided we don't do something crazy and leave on Monday.
Series9
I'll be there with Luckie, TurtleGirl, the NPR, the TG Project and the RS.
Ferg
In drunk.gif

Ferg
draperjojo
We'd love to go if we hadn't already planned a trip that week. I'm looking forward to getting together with ya neighbor!!
Eric_Shea
Do the Turtlette's need the sofa sleeper?
MoveQik
Eric,

I'm in! See you there.

MW
Series9
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 6 2006, 09:27 PM) *

Do the Turtlette's need the sofa sleeper?

So, if I say 'yes' then I'm a Turtlette and if I say 'no' I have to buy a hotel room.

You're such a pain in the ass. bootyshake.gif

happy11.gif
WaideS
So, if I say 'yes' then I'm a Turtlette and if I say 'no' I have to buy a hotel room.

You're such a pain in the ass. bootyshake.gif

Eric, for the sake of Pete, put him up for the night, we don't need a repeat of Moab with the cops being called to the hotel and Joe spending the weekend in a Mormon jail.

I have a feeling the inmates will make him one of their many wives sheeplove.gif

Eric_Shea
There's a way out Joe... you and Luckie already have the guest room. I was wondering if Turtlegirl and Co. needed the sofa bed. biggrin.gif

But... I like that, "Turtlette"... has a nice ring to it. lol3.gif
Eric_Shea
Also, if you guys didn't notice... there's a newbie, who just so happens to be a twisted guitar player (ala, Miles, Myself and Jim Stratplayer) and he only lives about a mile away! We are going to have to hook up soon!! w00t.gif

Welcome Dave aka Draperjojo.

Watch out! The Utarrr Contingent is catch'n up. Pretty soon we'll have more PeeWee Herman's than CO!!
Eric_Shea
Eric, for the sake of Pete, put him up for the night, we don't need a repeat of Moab with the cops being called to the hotel and Joe spending the weekend in a Mormon jail.

I have a feeling the inmates will make him one of their many wives

Too funny. I don't want the cops at my house confused24.gif busted_cop.gif

Waider... you in? V's gonna be there serving cocktails ohmy.gif
MoveQik
drunk.gif
SLITS
This is beginning to sound like a love fest.......

Do we have time for a marraige ceremony to or can I just turn around three times, chanting "I marry you" and it's over?
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 7 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Do we have time for a marraige ceremony to or can I just turn around three times, chanting "I marry you" and it's over?

Hmmmm....and to think I thought I would be avoiding all the weirdos by not taking the SoCal route. blink.gif
TurtleGirl
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 6 2006, 10:49 PM) *

There's a way out Joe... you and Luckie already have the guest room. I was wondering if Turtlegirl and Co. needed the sofa bed. biggrin.gif

But... I like that, "Turtlette"... has a nice ring to it. lol3.gif

I will be by myself that weekend... the 'and Co.' has to work so the sofa, a carpet, the porch... it's all good!!!
Eric_Shea
OK... then, I think we're good to go.

Anyone else caravaning from the East and South East? How about the locals? Jim? Ed? Dave... you sure you're gonna be out of town? I'll invite Troy too.
draperjojo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 7 2006, 06:21 PM) *

OK... then, I think we're good to go.

Anyone else caravaning from the East and South East? How about the locals? Jim? Ed? Dave... you sure you're gonna be out of town? I'll invite Troy too.

We'd love to attend but we'll be in Hawaii partying. Turns out my brother will be there that week, and so will the Molly Hatchet band. Thought we were going to just hang out and get some sun over there. But apparently we will have lots of people to hang with. I can't wait to attend the next one though! Eric, send an email to sixstrings01@earthlink.net and I'll send you a guitar pic I think you'll like!
Dave
Eric_Shea
Hawaii... dry.gif

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring w00t.gif
draperjojo
Signature test......smile.gifsmile.gif

Boring, come on now. Besides I haven't been to Hawaii since I was born there........back when it was a territory of the United States.......does that make me old????????????
Toast
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 7 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Everyone can get married together in Utah.happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
SLITS... you coming? Laura was asking about you wink.gif
Hawktel
I'll be coming down, I can't make wcc this year, no porsche and no vacation days!
StratPlayer
I'm not going to be able to make it to the WCC but I will make it to the BBQ to meet and say hello to everyone that is going. Wish I could have made it this year.
Gint
Hey Eric...

Meant to let you know. Shar says hotel in S.L. PM me your new address eh?
TROJANMAN
i might be there dry.gif
VegasRacer
I'll be here ----> jsharp.gif

*(we even have our own smilie) poke.gif
Eric_Shea
You mean you're going the wrong way? poke.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2006, 04:59 PM) *

You mean you're going the wrong way?

Yes I am. I have been for quite some time now.
And thoroughly enjoying it too, I might add. happy11.gif

BTW - I thought that preaching religion and trying to convert me was not allowed on the forums? whip[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Why Brother Peterson... what gave you such an idea? Have you read the book BTW? I know it is right... hands.gif

(updated the roll call)
VegasRacer
Mazel Tov. beerchug.gif See you in Portland. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Viel Glueck beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
kaa icon_bump.gif iddy icon_bump.gif

Getting close... any more coming through the I-80/I-15 junction?
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 6 2006, 03:19 PM) *

Here's the deal Gang,

July 5th "looks" like the day for all points South and East to meet in SLC for the leg to Portland and WCC06.

Party on the Patio at the Shea's. Who's in?

jsharp.gif

Roll Call

Mike and Rosie (unless it's his 'friend' Waide again)

Looks like it'll be Rosie. Let's face it...Waide is a big guy and when he gets to drinkin'....WAY too affectionate.
Sammy
Where is this "Salt Lake City" place, anyway?
Gint
QUOTE(Sammy @ Jun 21 2006, 04:36 PM) *

You know where it is. Come on over. We'll even let you bring your blown tail dragger.
Eric_Shea

Ask yo Momma w00t.gif

We were scanning the records and looking at your rap sheet. I doubt they'd let him back in here. lol3.gif
Eric_Shea
So, what time should we plan on this shin-dig starting?

Albuquerque = 607 miles/10.5 hours
Phoenix = 687 miles/10.5 hours
Denver = 541 miles/8 hours
Eric_Shea
Here's some hotel options for others that may be interested:

Courtyard by Marriot: Freida, Musicians Friend Rate
(801) 571-3600
10701 Holiday Park Dr
Sandy, UT 84070

Best Western Cottontree Inn
(801) 523-8484
10695 Auto Mall Dr
Sandy, UT 84070

Hampton Inn: Harman Music Group Rate
(801) 571-0800
10690 Holiday Park Dr
Sandy, UT 84070

Extended Stayamerica
(801) 523-1331
10715 Auto Mall Dr
Sandy, UT 84070
type47
hey! i'm not going to the WCC but i am coming to SLC to see my new grandaughter, arriving monday 7/3. i've read alot of posts by the UT contingent and would like to meet you. i'd probably have to drive my sons (used to be mine; first engine rebuild) 81 vanagon. type IV anyway.
Eric_Shea
That would be great! I hope the Vanagon can make it across town, I remember my first VW engine rebuild! laugh.gif

Will you be here for the 5th?
Eric_Shea
OK, here's some E-rections (those are electronic directions... not the Rush Limbaugh type) w00t.gif

From Phoenix

From Denver

From A-L-B-U-Q-U-E-R-Q-U-E (these are tricky so follow along closely. Joe's a pilot so I have faith) biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 29 2006, 07:53 AM) *

That would be great! I hope the Vanagon can make it across town, I remember my first VW engine rebuild! laugh.gif

Will you be here for the 5th?

we'll be there for about 10 days, 7/3-7/11ish. will check with the SO.
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 29 2006, 02:12 PM) *

OK, here's some E-rections (those are electronic directions... not the Rush Limbaugh type) w00t.gif

From Phoenix

From Denver

From A-L-B-U-Q-U-E-R-Q-U-E (these are tricky so follow along closely. Joe's a pilot so I have faith) biggrin.gif

Joe "Wrong Way Corrigan" will have no problems whatsoever. A little corn whiskey to go with the "Steam"...................................
Flat VW
For Joe, should they not be labeled, PHX; DEN; ABQ; SLC; BFE; etc?

John mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
DSM?
draperjojo
Courtyard Marriot sounds pretty good to me..........oh, wait a minute........I live here. Damn, and I won't be able to attend the BBQ because I'll be drunk and disorderly in Hawaii.....I mean under the influence of milk and jello and ice cream....crap..I hate milk, jello, and ice cream....and then we have to watch Molly Hatchet and 38 Special play in Hawaii too.....that Captain Morgan is messin with me and I'm ramblin. Hell, I just tried to move your thread to the front Eric. java script:emoticon(':beer2:', 'smid_14')java script:emoticon(':beer3:', 'smid_15')
beer3.gif
beerchug.gif
Next BarBQ at Dave's place okay......java script:emoticon(':joesharp:', 'smid_42')
:joesharp:java script:emoticon(':givemebeer:', 'smid_35')
givemebeer.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(draperjojo @ Jun 30 2006, 08:01 PM) *

Courtyard Marriot sounds pretty good to me..........oh, wait a minute........I live here. Damn, and I won't be able to attend the BBQ because I'll be drunk and disorderly in Hawaii.....I mean under the influence of milk and jello and ice cream....crap..I hate milk, jello, and ice cream....and then we have to watch Molly Hatchet and 38 Special play in Hawaii too.....that Captain Morgan is messin with me and I'm ramblin. Hell, I just tried to move your thread to the front Eric. java script:emoticon(':beer2:', 'smid_14')java script:emoticon(':beer3:', 'smid_15')
beer3.gif
beerchug.gif
Next BarBQ at Dave's place okay......java script:emoticon(':joesharp:', 'smid_42')
:joesharp:java script:emoticon(':givemebeer:', 'smid_35')
givemebeer.gif

Ok....lets work on posting smilies a little bit, ok? poke.gif
Hawktel
Well. I kinda got engaged last friday. It would seem in the realm of compromise, her plans for that evening have taken been finalized while my plans didn't make the cut.

I'll have to take a rain check. I apologize.
Eric_Shea
Ok....lets work on posting smilies a little bit, ok?

Leave Dave alone... he's a little liquored up and hell, that's hard to find here.

Dave, Sorry I missed the Thursday jam. I AM SWAMPED!. Let's hook up when you get back from your Southern Rocker Tour aktion035.gif

her plans for that evening have taken been finalized while my plans didn't make the cut.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER! Get a divorce already mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.