Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cover girl needed SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
PCA Sta Barbara is featuring 914 in their July Magazine. They want a stock(ish)RED one for the cover. Anyone willing to come up this way for a photoshoot?
tdgray
Why just Red??? That's color discrimination. mad.gif

That's it I'm calling the NAACP (National Association of All Color Porsches).

They'll pay... by god they'll pay... NOW Where is Jessie Jackson. blink.gif

BTW.... White is the new Yellow... only faster!
Howard
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 7 2006, 10:54 AM) *

Ok white boy, bring the car out this weekend piratenanner.gif
So.Cal.914
Well yellow is the new white only yellow. blink.gif
914rrr
Click to view attachment

Wish we were near you. My husband just picked up this 74 2.0 in Phoenix Red (yes, not pure red...but close). ALL 914 colors are cool! cool.gif
MattR
I think someone should find a rusty, multi colored 914 with a huge crack in the windshield and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror to show them what 914ers are REALLY like...
Aaron Cox
and canned cheeze and boxed whine...
Howard
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jun 7 2006, 12:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Wish we were near you. My husband just picked up this 74 2.0 in Phoenix Red (yes, not pure red...but close). ALL 914 colors are cool! cool.gif

Beautiful car and very nice picture. smilie_pokal.gif I sent it in, so let's see if he really needs to take it himself.
horizontally-opposed
I've got some decent shots of my red 1973, which is stock-ish. Lowered, 15x6 silver-centered Fuchs, early chrome bumpers, Abarth muffler, and an SE spoiler.

Have them as the car by itself in nice light or with a silver Carrera GT in the background (don't ask why).

I can provide them as a scan or on the original slides for better resolution.

pete
nomore9one4
[quote name='horizontally-opposed' date='Jun 7 2006, 12:25 PM' post='698014']

Have them as the car by itself in nice light or with a silver Carrera GT in the background (don't ask why).

Actually they should add a hot redhead or maybe 2! Yes, we shall make it 2 drooley.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 7 2006, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 7 2006, 10:54 AM) *

Ok white boy, bring the car out this weekend piratenanner.gif

Lets see... I would have had to leave... like two days ago.

Check your local stations (914club) soon... there will be an unveiling of my finished car shortly. Yes off of the jackstands people... off the jackstands smile.gif
BigDBass
Yes off of the jackstands people... off the jackstands
for how long? happy11.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 7 2006, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ Jun 7 2006, 12:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car and very nice picture. smilie_pokal.gif I sent it in, so let's see if he really needs to take it himself.

Thanks! My husband would be so excited! We have the original pics in higher resolution if you need them. You can also go to this topic to see more pics!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=53133

cool.gif
72914S
Here is my "Lil Red" Bit far to drive. POST The picture of the cover when its done.
jimtab
Hey Howie, how about the pic of the "Monster 914" in the redneck 914 thread(bottom of pg 1) just tell them it was a secret project test version of the Cayanne done in secret in 1974....yeah that's the ticket....
Howard
Damn! You local guys are sure proud of your cars. KMA.gif
markb
I'd love to bring mine down, but it's not all together yet.... sad.gif
Robert21
confused24.gif I got the red car and the time, Bad time to have car on jack stands. Hope to have it fixed soon.

Robert21
dekman
Why red? Hey....blood orange has some red in it?
mike_the_man
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 7 2006, 12:25 PM) *

I've got some decent shots of my red 1973, which is stock-ish. Lowered, 15x6 silver-centered Fuchs, early chrome bumpers, Abarth muffler, and an SE spoiler.

I can provide them as a scan or on the original slides for better resolution.

pete

Pete, can you post those pics for us? I'd love to see a 914 sitting next to a Carrera GT! Was that the article you did when you got to drive the Carrera for a week to see if it could be a daily driver? Other than Hugh Heffner, I think you may have the best job in the world!

horizontally-opposed
I'll see if I can get them scanned today from the slides...

pete
horizontally-opposed
For Howard, here's a ROUGH scan of the old 914...

...I'll get some high-res stuff on the C-GT sometime next week.

Cheers,

pete
grasshopper
i've seen that picture in a magzine before....cant think of which one...excellence, PCA...just remeber seeing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.