Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn Balt, DC, and NoVa - wrenchday & BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
My place, in Frederick, MD.

Sorry for the short notice - but Dr Evil is stopping by this Sunday 6/11 to walk me through a tranny rebuild, change some motor mounts and whatever else we can do in a day. If anyone wants to stop by and help, watch, badger, or whatever, you all are welcome.

Pm me for directions. Time isn't set yet, but the good doctor has a 2 hr sprint down from Hershey, PA so I would imagine we'll get started mid morning.

Thanks!
grasshopper
cool, I am in WV right now, so we will see if we can drop by. I'll send you a PM
fitsbain
I'd come but I'm trying to get ready for the good doctors visit to my place end of june.

If you want a road trip with your new tranny and mounts then come on up to Pittsburgh and eat with the Doctor and ofcourse myself and a few others.

Will be on 6/24

You can also check out the car I towed home from your neck of the woods.
plas76targa
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 7 2006, 02:28 PM) *

cool, I am in WV right now, so we will see if we can drop by. I'll send you a PM

Barry, PM sent

VaccaRabite
If I didnot have a 2 graduation parties to go to saturday, I'd come too. I'm 30 freak'n years old. You'd think my freinds would be done graduating by now. But NooOOOOooo.

Zach
root
Wish I could make it! But I'm hosting my high school hockey team's end of season picnic Sunday. Thanks for the invite, Dr. Evil is truely trantastic! beerchug.gif
smdubovsky
Darnit,
I'll be racing @ BeaveRun this weekend. Probably wont be driving back though until LATE. Maybe next time...

SMD
hberwald
<i don't know if I can make it.... I just get back from a business trip and have been gone all week....next time...if you need any more help or a place to work on the car, you are always welcome at my place. <just down the road off I70 at rt32.
herb
Nick
I'd love to come and see this. What time and should I bring anything?

Nick
Dr Evil
Hey Matt,
Is there anything for my woman to do there? You mentioned that your wife may have some ideas and this way she would come along.
plas76targa
Mike,

She could drive over to Harpers Ferry to sight see, or further to Antietam battlefield. Or drive about 40 minutes south to catch the Red Line metro station and go into DC for the day. Or turn her loose at the outlets in Hagerstown if you want to part with $$$.

Root, Vacca Rabite, SMD, and others who are busy, no prol. My bad for not mentioning this sooner. next time! And herb, thanks for the offer of the shop.

Nick, I would imagine we'll be starting mid morning or so. Mike - what's your plan on how early you get here?

If you are coming - things I don't have and may need that day:
- large screw driver or more
- gear puller
- Mike, I assume you have the safety wire twist tool for the VC bolts you make

I have metric and standard hand tools, several jacks and jack stands.
I just ordered a bunch of gaskets, seals, etc from PP and most of that has arrived.
I need to pick up gear lube and engine oil (along with beverages etc)

What have i missed?
zymurgist
Don't know if I can make it. I have a Soap Box Derby (also in Frederick) on Saturday, and Sunday..? Depends on what I have that needs to be done, I guess.

Babydoll's real owner is out of town until Sunday, so I don't think she will even hear about this until after y'all are done.
Nick
How about an address so I can mapquest the trip?
Dr Evil
Matt, I'll run it by her. As for a special tool for the CV bolts, nope. They do make them (lockwire pliers), but as I learned how while in military aviation, and we were not officially allowed to have them, I use my hands and a good ol' set of needle nose to finish her off wink.gif
Leo Imperial
Don't forget a sawzall, BFH and a torch.Click to view attachment

Oh and you will need a drill.

And don't forget to take the 2.7 out of that taildragger so I can help your wife clean out the garage like she asked. I am such a good friend biggrin.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 8 2006, 09:40 AM) *

Don't forget a sawzall, BFH and a torch.Click to view attachment

Oh and you will need a drill.

And don't forget to take the 2.7 out of that taildragger so I can help your wife clean out the garage like she asked. I am such a good friend biggrin.gif

Nick, just sent you a pm

Leo - I knew there was a reason I was glad you couldn't make it biggrin.gif
just kidding. oh and Edward showed his whole class the broken nose trick. At least he didn't get in trouble this time!
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif hey, could the Dr. bring a set of his new CV bolts?? I was going to buy a set anyway, but figured if I was dropping by that I might as well see if he can bring them. smile.gif I got your PM. so do we have an exact time, or just noonish??
Dr Evil
I'll bring a set for you and Matt. I just finished up my last sets and will be shipping them tomarrow morning.

I am gonna be there about 10:30.
Rick L
Matt, PM sent.
grasshopper
cool. Thanks mike. We might be there in the 914, but it keeps wanting to overheat. If we cant get it worked out tomorrow, then we will just have to come in the truck.
evan
Matt,

Hey I may be interested in coming up to meet everyone and maybe even learn a dam thing or two. Not sure what the family plans are. Still have not gotten the car started since we last spoke. Just tried tonight with a neighbor and eliminated a few things but...

Send me an address and # maybe I can get up there for an hour or so.

evan
Dr Evil
Your lucky, Matt. I managed to pretty much finish my car tonight and I have been feeling successful.

Its like the fecal touch has changed into the midas touch again...lets see how I do for your car(s) on Sun....
mongrel-gs
If I can get enough work done today I may be able to come by. It is hard to pass up a tranny rebuild lesson.

Evan
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif see you guys tomorrow
Dr Evil
Home now, 12:15am, going to die......more tomarrow, ahd a great time biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.