Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANDY, why won't you drive your car?!?!?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Hey now, you've spent all that time,effort and money on your car to be a passanger in someone elses car instead of taking pride and driving your own car sad.gif

You car is too damn nice not to show it off to them East Coast people....surely you cannot be afraid of it breaking down on the road????

Besides, aren't you traveling with the allmighty 914 mechanic Brad finger.gif (i'd guess I would be afraid, I wouldn't trust Brad to change the spark plugs on my lawn mower, LOL )

Drive the car Andy......it deserves a road trip !!!!!
Jeroen
Yeah Andy, what Mike said biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
JWest
Wow Andy! You gonna take that from Mike "jack stands" Mueller? cool_shades.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 29 2003, 10:56 AM)
You car is too damn nice not to show it off to them East Coast people...

we'll be the judge of that when it shows up at an East Coast Ramble ...

i think the only 'East Coast' people he'd be in danger of meeting are from the East Coast of Texas...
JWest
I think you mean the "mid US", not "east coast", Mike?
Mueller
opps.....mid coast, east coast.......same difference, he is still not driving his car laugh.gif

at least I have an excuse for not driving my 914 smile.gif
SirAndy
cuz it's not done yet rolleyes.gif

but even more important, brad needs another driver for seanery's car.
loryssa's (sp?) car is going to be on the trailer, and i'll get to drive seanery's car ...

seriously, we got out of the shop at 2am sat. morning. yes, the car runs and drives, but it is still far from complete (or nice).

it'll be ready for the next West-Coast Ramble laugh.gif
Andy
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 29 2003, 11:27 AM)

it'll be ready for the next West-Coast Ramble laugh.gif
Andy

Is there gonna BE another West Coast (W)ramble?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 29 2003, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 29 2003, 11:27 AM)

it'll be ready for the next West-Coast Ramble

Is there gonna BE another West Coast (W)ramble?

If and only if someone(s) step up and do it.

John Larson in Santa Maria took the initiative and pulled together a small, low-key, relatively unstructured event that was enjoyed by all attendees - including you and me.

i stepped up in 2002 and promoted a rather larger and more comprehensive event in Reno that seemed to be enjoyed by everyone there. the way i did it was a lot of work but nowhere is it written an event has to be that way - i put on the kind of event i wanted to since i was in charge...

the SoCal people expressed interest - but only ONE showed in 2000 and ZERO in '02. the NorCal people expressed interest - and attendance from that area was pretty good, although no one from there has expressed any interest in actually doing it.

maybe a southern Oregon location would attract the WA people down and more than a few NorCal people up.

i donno. i had great fun at this year's East Coast Ramble but i'm kinda glad i could just relax and participate rather than having to organize. i'm happy to consult and help stir the pot on a West Coast event -- but it's going to take someone who at least lives in that time zone to actually promote it ...

i have suggestions if anyone wishes to consult with me on the matter...
Bleyseng
I would go to a WestCoastRamble next year in NorCal and I am sure a few others from Wa and Ore would too. Most of the active 914'ers up here have just really got their cars running good or in Kevin's case finished a 2 year project. It's one thing to have a car that runs, its another to have a car that will make it and return. Also, some of our cars are AX/Street machine soo driving 10 hrs is pretty tough on the old body.
But enough excuses....
I can't think of anyplace in Southern Oregon to go to, besides Jamie's been having his Pizza party every year.
Geoff
fiid
When I get my car running again I am hoping to organize some fun runs and perhaps a wramble in northern or perhaps central california.

Perhaps we should do a "Running of the not-bulls" from Santa Barbera up to Big Sur - followed by a track day at Laguna or something?

Fiid.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 29 2003, 03:29 PM)
Perhaps we should do a "Running of the not-bulls" from Santa Barbera up to Big Sur - followed by a track day at Laguna or something?

sounds great !

price the track rental, divide by 30 cars, decide if it's still a good idea ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.