Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt "Push" stickers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
In my garage ramblings today I realized that my "push" stickers for the seat belts (mid '72 on) were so bad that I couldn't even find the "push" script anymore - worn off.

I seriously doubt that these are available anymore, so does anyone still have some that are readable? If so, and you can measure the script size and font, I can replicate them. Have an ALPS printer that should work just fine & the fluorescent sticker material is readily available.

Anyone with these intact care to make some measurements & speculate on the font?
JeffBowlsby
Contact John Rogers in Texas. He makes these seatbelt press labels and they are excellent. He also does repro dealer window stickers.

john_rogers@stercomm.com

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 7 2006, 11:18 PM) *

Contact John Rogers in Texas. He makes these seatbelt press labels and they are excellent. He also does repro dealer window stickers.

john_rogers@stercomm.com

Thanks Jeff - made to contact.
Pat Garvey

john_rogers@stercomm.com

huh.gif

Ok, e-mail John Rogers 10 days ago w/no response, so I'll make my plea again.

Anyone have a good, close up photo of the script on these things. Care to venture a font & size? I'm certain I can reproduce them, if I have a good base to start with - mine are toast.
Qball
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 16 2006, 02:23 PM) *

john_rogers@stercomm.com

huh.gif

Ok, e-mail John Rogers 10 days ago w/no response, so I'll make my plea again.

Anyone have a good, close up photo of the script on these things. Care to venture a font & size? I'm certain I can reproduce them, if I have a good base to start with - mine are toast.

I'm in the same boat, if anybody has a sourse count me in beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
john sold em on ebay...

bought em and 3 months later they were already faded....
Pat Garvey
mad.gif
I'll make 'em guys - just help with the graphics. Only charge will be postage - cause I'm stupid & I want some for myself! I NEED graphics from an original. C'mon, someone has to have them & a photo should be all I need.
jk76.914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 16 2006, 05:31 PM) *

mad.gif
I'll make 'em guys - just help with the graphics. Only charge will be postage - cause I'm stupid & I want some for myself! I NEED graphics from an original. C'mon, someone has to have them & a photo should be all I need.

I have a set I bought on eBay... was going to install tomorrow, but if they're going to fade in 3 months, I'd rather send them to you to make some good ones.

I can put in the mail on Monday morning, OR send you a pic tomorrow, OR both. Let me know...

Jim
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jun 17 2006, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 16 2006, 05:31 PM) *

mad.gif

I have a set I bought on eBay... was going to install tomorrow, but if they're going to fade in 3 months, I'd rather send them to you to make some good ones.

I can put in the mail on Monday morning, OR send you a pic tomorrow, OR both. Let me know...

Jim

Jim,
Don't send them to me! At least you have those, just in case. I want to be certain that the ones I make are acceptable & do not fade so rapidly. A photo w/dimensions & font measurement would be appreciated though.
Thanks for your help - we'll see how this works out confused24.gif
type47fan
Pat,

I have two that I saved from a low miles junk yard wreck many years ago. The label size is 59/64" wide by 1 5/32" long. It appears to be a coated label stock. You'll have to do some research/comparison on the font, however.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
type47fan
icon_bump.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jun 18 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Pat,

I have two that I saved from a low miles junk yard wreck many years ago. The label size is 59/64" wide by 1 5/32" long. It appears to be a coated label stock. You'll have to do some research/comparison on the font, however.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wayne,
Thanks for your info.

I'm trying to source the stock necessary to repro these things, but am having some degree of difficulty finding the right coated stock in the proper color. Will keep trying because I need these things, so long as it doesn't become too costly.
Will keep all interested informed.
Qball

I'm trying to source the stock necessary to repro these things, but am having some degree of difficulty finding the right coated stock in the proper color. Will keep trying because I need these things, so long as it doesn't become too costly.

Pat, thanks for the effort beer.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Qball @ Jun 27 2006, 08:38 PM) *

Pat, thanks for the effort beer.gif

Update...
Proper stock is available, if you want it in fluoro red or green! I'll keep trying.
Pat Garvey
Update - I gave up!

Trying to find the right stock, printing & then coating became too expensive on a low-volume level.

Got some from John Rogers. They look right & will fit right, but I'm testing them. Have them sitting in our sunroom & will leave them there for a month & seem if there's fading. Don't know why I'm worried about it because my 914 only sees about 6 hours of daylight a year.

They do look good & the price is right, especially during quiet times on EvilBay.

Thought you should know.
Qball
Thanks Pat,
I was just going to post asking for an update beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 16 2006, 07:18 PM) *

john sold em on ebay...

bought em and 3 months later they were already faded....

Told John about your problem. Told me to have to contact him. He apparently stands by his produst & will send you a new set! said he doesn't want any unhappy customers.

I'm not linked w/John - just passing on the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.