Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 for sale in Collector trader
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
1970 914-6
Just saw this & figured someone would jump on it! Sounds good but who knows. I don't know anything about it other than seeing the add
vortrex
sounds too good to be true!

wonder how many calls he got from the BBS so far? smile.gif
JRust
I just talked to the guy! He just had that $6900 done in repairs. He is actually seling for $15,500.
OK here is the meat of it. This guy is the original owner. The car has been garaged all its life. It has less than 100k but speedo stoped at 65k so we don't know exactly. He said he'd put less than 15k since then. Both trunks are perfect without rust as is the floor pans! He did replace the battery tray but there is no rust below. He had the $6900 in reciepts for the overhaul he had done. Aparently he had some issues with the shop when he came to pick it up. The overhaul didn't include actually tuning the car? (that part is a bit wierd). Sounded like a pretty stand up guy he just isn't a mechanic so all the work has been done at a Porsche dealer since he bought it in 1970. This truly sounds like a sweet original 6. In talking with the guy I said well it's out of my range but I'll post it on our bbs. He said if I found him a buyer he'd give me $500 for it.
I'm not going to hold my breath there but feel free to say Jamie Rust refered you smile.gif Good luck to whoever has the coin
biosurfer1
sure makes it seem like he's selling it for $6900, weird...must have figured out that was way too low. laugh.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 29 2003, 11:46 AM)
sure makes it seem like he's selling it for $6900, weird...must have figured out that was way too low.

It doesn't just "seem" like it...that's what's entered in the "price" field. Anyone who looks at the ad is going to think that's the asking price - because, for all intents and purposes, it is.

If that's what he's got invested in it and not what he's asking for it, then he needs to rewrite his ad.

Not that he's here to take advantage of my sage advice on the matter...

laugh.gif
JRust
Yah I told him the add was wrong. He said his proof was right. I wonder if there is a discrepency between the magazine add & the online add. He was surprised to hear the add was wrong when I told him. Who knows. I just wish I had the cash to even consider it. That at least would mean I was ready to own a six. Right now it is still just a dream sad.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 29 2003, 12:07 PM)
I just wish I had the cash to even consider it.

Me too, Jamie. Me too.

I've got faith, though. I have yet to not manage to achieve owning any car that I've set my mind on getting. It's just a matter of time before I have a 6.
vortrex
$15.5k seems high. from what little you can see in the pic the front bumper is dented and rusty and the valance seems like it was red before?? has steel wheels that look rusty also. there's a silver 80k 914-6 in the bay area for sale now that looks much better. has fuchs and is negotiable on the price. car is essentially a one owner also I believe.
Qarl
Did anybody notice the Talbot/Hella mirrors mounted on the front fenders?
vortrex
nice catch! that looks horrible in my opinion.
scottb
man! i was going to be all over that! just right down the way!!!

then the price "changed" headbang.gif

i should go see it anyway and offer him full price per the ad!!!! aktion035.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.