Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 wheel options...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Virgil
My dad and I are buying a 1972 914 and i was curious if any company makes wheels for this car. I love the way the Konig old school wheels look and think they would look great on this car but I don't think they make them in the proper dimensions. I see them on vintage datsuns and mini coopers all the time but no luck find them for the 914 or any old VW or Porche for that matter.

Any suggestions? Personally I think lighter wheels would do wonders for it.
Lou W
welcome.png

This has always been my favorite after market wheel. smile.gif
Mueller
Superlight (search here and on eBay)

Revolution (I have 17x7's on mine)

Panasports

Diamond Racing wheels (steel rims only, fairly light for thier size)

almost any of the higher end race only rims (bring lots of cash, not many are suitable for street use at all)

as for Konig rims, I had these on my old 914, 16x7's...of course they didn't bolt right up, I re-machined the hubs for a new 4x100 bolt pattern

IPB Image
IPB Image

the factory alloy rims are pretty decent, you are just limited to 5.5" in width if sticking with stock 4-lug rims....also, 7" rims with a 205 width tire is about max for a stock bodied car.....

oh yea, welcome to the club...

Joe Ricard
Diamond racing wheels are my favorite wheel on my 914.
Strong straight light (16 pounds). and damn sexy to the red neck women down here in NASCAR ville.
but 8 inches requires bigger fenders so think twice.
mskala
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 8 2006, 07:06 AM) *

Diamond racing wheels are my favorite wheel on my 914.
Strong straight light (16 pounds). and damn sexy to the red neck women down here in NASCAR ville.
but 8 inches requires bigger fenders so think twice.

Joe how are your steel wheels 16 lbs? A while ago I looked at their site and
things were ~23, which is heavy.
WRX914
go here...

http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/

they are expensive as hell, but they are as nice as they are expensive!
project-914
bump, what are the wheels on the white car?...HRE, or panasports?...and where can I find some panasports, hre's, or old bbs's
Mueller
QUOTE(project-914 @ Oct 1 2006, 02:44 PM) *

bump, what are the wheels on the white car?...HRE, or panasports?...and where can I find some panasports, hre's, or old bbs's

which white car...the second one in the messy garage was mine....
Those are 16x7 Konig rims with 205's under stock fenders....40mm offset...i forget what size spacers, I wanna say 4mm or 5mm in the rear and 12mm in the front.....sold the rims and the car but i kept the 12mm diameter wheel studs blink.gif

4 x 100 bolt pattern...(obviously custom smile.gif )

Panasports can still be bought new, contact them directly or an importer..for old BBS's, classifieds, eBay...etc...autoweek...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(project-914 @ Oct 1 2006, 02:44 PM) *

That's our friendly lurker John Takehara you won't find a cleaner race / road car than his. I believe his are panosports. They look like minilite rims. You can go to www.minilitewheels.com for more info. That is what I have on my car wub.gif
STL914
PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.