Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you think I was scammed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
I purchased some injectors here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4641931880

and when they arrived, I sent them right out to witchhunter performance. I got a call yesterday from the guys at witchhunter saying that every single one of the injectors were leaking between the metal and the plastic body. He went on to say that I must have had one heck of a fuel problem.

I know that I bought these untested and as is, but I get the impression that these were not pulled from a running car. What do you guys think?

On a positive note, I have to give props to the guys at witchhunter - very professional and fast. They didn't even charge me when they found that all my injectors were bad.

Dr Evil
WHEN and HOW was the car running? Kind of important. If they switched them it could have been for a fuel leak, or it could have been so long ago that the injectors dried out.
terrymason
Would you consider this anyware from extreemly rare to likely to happen, for 4 injectors to all be bad. I got the impression from the guy that tested them that this was pretty unlikely
Mike D.
I'd contact the seller. looks like a business and it would be in his best intrest to take them back and return your money. you will more than likely have to eat the shipping charges, but hey, live and learn...
mightyohm
It happens frequently, it has happened to me. All 4 is unlucky but plausible, especially if they sat around for a long time.

You paid very little for them (I recently paid $100 for 4 injectors, new injectors are >$200 ea), I would just walk away.
Aaron Cox
life lesson....
terrymason
I'm not really worried about the money, I was just wondering if the guy was pulling a fast one or not. It sounds as if these could have been pulled from a good car and just stored for a while.

I'm just gonna forget about it

Thanks guys
Terry
rmital
...sounds like you were taking a gamble for the money.....
If they were actually good for that much, what a deal it would have been!!

I paid $728.36 for new (4)...now I know better...more life lessons.
TravisNeff
Isn't there an O-ring betwen the plastic insert and the metal housing? I have a feeling there is for some reason, and that they should replace that when teh service the injectors.
Dr Evil
>$200?! Not too long ago (about 2 years) I was at a VW parts shop and they could get ones for $69/ea. They were not the exact part number match, but they were a good replacement.
Gint
It's been posted here lately that even injectors that were pulled by a club member from a running 914 and sent to be checked have been deemed "bad" by the vendor that performed the checking. It would appear that although they can be technically bad based on test results they were still functional. not perfect perhaps, but functional.

Live and learn... buyer beware... caveat emptor.... you get what you pay for... blah, blah, blah...

$20.00? Give it up IMHO. You did ask.
rhodyguy
weird ad. they came off a running engine that was switched to carbs. i wonder why?

k
rjames
weird ad. they came off a running engine that was switched to carbs. i wonder why?

Maybe because there was fuel leaking somewhere around the injectors... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.