Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll Is there a need for East Coast Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Is there a need for East Coast restoration services here??
I am talking about all the nasty rust replacement, body and paint resto work??

I am thinking about doing an Aircooled resto business.
All the old guys are gone and I feel a vaccuum is here.

I know Chris Foley can take care of the heavy welding, I can do the sheet metal work and body and paint...
there is an Excellent engine guy here, Boston Engines that does it all.

sooo..is there a need???

Rich
vortrex
there's a $3k 914-6 minus engine in MA that needs some welding love. has some good parts on it. fix it up and paint it, let's see what you can do! smile.gif
r_towle
I plan on it if its still available in a month or so...
If not, I have a line on a few barn finds here as well...a new six is in my future for next season...

rich
Joe.D
Yes there is a need. And I'm among the needees. Rust never sleeps 'round here...

Joe
r_towle
Joe,
I dropped you an e-mail.

Rich
djm914-6
Well, I've descided not to send another 914 to the grave, so Chris will be getting my car for the more serious welding work. I could use a contact for the rest of the car. What I have in mind won't be simple though. As far as engines go, I don't know what I'll end up with, but it won't be this 2.0L.

If you need a custom guy, let me know.
r_towle
Drop me an email, let me know what you are trying to do...There are alot of hidden resources on the East coast..the Platinum Coast.

rich
Nemo914
I am always looking for good trustworthy folks to work on my car. I have a minor rust issue I want fixed.

So, yes there is interest.
crash914
I have some modifications to do to my rear fenders.... I got some replacement sheet metal, around 8 to 10 inches wide to cut out weld into place....I can use some motivation and hand holding........lets talk...thanks, herb
banderson
Wow, good MA, NH, ME turnout. I didn't know that there were so many of us.

I am at a cross roads with my car now. Mechanicaly, its exelent, but the rust is creaping in, and the paint sucks. I dont really want to sink a lot of $ into it cus I am thinking about a 6, but it might not take much.

How set up are you and where are you located?

-Brett
scottb
i'm gonna keep you on the email list rich.....

never know when i'm gonna NEED to get flares on the 73 smash.gif
mskala
You wouldn't retire early off of me, but someday I'll decide
to finally get suspension ear braces in, and need one
piece of the stiff kit behind the jack posts.
sixerdon
Rich,
There are quite a few 914's around southern MA & RI all needing repair. They do not no who to turn to for this kind of work. But remember, they are people who don't want to spend a lot, either. The return on investment for these owners isn't there yet. Perfect 914's are still a better investment than spending mega $$$. Is there a need? Probably. But you ain't gonna get "rich".
Don
r_towle
OK Then,

I will be willing to start this adventure nights and weekends for the beginning.

Mark,
I will be doing a set of ears soon, I will let you know and you can come and watch the process.

This is the kind of manly welding that the East Coast guys must endure....
BTW We might get a nice frost this evening, salt is on its way!!!!

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.